Thread: Back firing really bad! Help a newbe out

Tuner in Training

Back firing really bad! Help a newbe out

Ok here is what I have scaned so far.. and a screen shot.

Last edited by 01BlackSS; 01-19-2009 at 07:57 PM.

Tuner
    Please explain what is happening? Do you have a Wideband? Are any fault codes present? What have you changedand when did it start doing it? It maybe something as simple as a Sparkplug or lead

Tuner in Training
    No codes. It just misfires at idle up to around 1500RPM not moving. It also cuts out when below 210*F around 2000 to 3000 RPM. I moved to a higher altitude (900 back home 7250 Where I'm at now) It's just running to rich! I just need to try lowering my fule down. I know my injectors are at 80% now from when I was tuned back home.

I don't have widband.

I havent changed anything as far as tuning.

MOD list.

MS4 Cam, 4.10 gears, kooks 1 3/4 stepped to 1 7/8 3" y pipe NO CATS.

Advanced Tuner
    Here is my n/a tune that you can compare to. I made 390 to the wheels with a comp xer 230/230 cam
    98 - z/28 Twin TC76's l forged 347 l boost cam l moser 9" l th400
    07.5 - GMC Sierra 2500HD D-Max daily
    09 - G8 GT wifes daily

Tuner in Training
    it asked if I want to have a licens for that file you sent me..

what elevation are you at? I made 420 back home to the wheels. I know up here I'm not going to make that.

I was wondering does it look like I'm running way to rich?
    I have seen my LTFT at -10.5x and my STFT at -11.9x I know I'm running rich but I also need new plugs because of this problem. The car has backfired since I got up here and hasnt stopped. I know it's not just a plug issue but a rich problem.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm assuming I'm at sea level.

If you have - 10.5 LTFT's then you are rich. I'm new at this, but I'd say a good starting point would be to clear the fuel trims and clean or put in some new plugs and go from there.
    98 - z/28 Twin TC76's l forged 347 l boost cam l moser 9" l th400
    07.5 - GMC Sierra 2500HD D-Max daily
    09 - G8 GT wifes daily

Tuner in Training
    I'm thinking new plugs in the next few days. Is there a way to adjust my fule trims? I'm new at the tuning stuff too.

Senior Tuner
    Wow, just wow! Are you tuned with a MAF or SD (Speed Density)? I recommend you compare your file to one in the tune repository. You will go to HpTuners.com, Enter your license number/password, go to the tune repository, search for MS4 cam (several available), and compare your tune. Its not an end all results right now action but it may help you see you issue pretty plainly. Anyhow that would be a pretty good starting point. If this doesn't work I have paypal and with the proper funds could walk you thru the tuning process on here using your logs/tune. Or just contact Frost and get it done by mail order tune. It basically boils down to how fast you want to get a solution to your problem.

Post your tune/most recent log for review please.
    Last edited by Cantalope Kid; 01-19-2009 at 10:08 PM.
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Tuner in Training
    I'm on a MAF.
    I will have to look at the files and see what I can come up with. How much $$$ are we talking if you help me? I have hadthe car tuned professionally but that was back home and at 900 feet not 7,250 feet above sea level..

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 01BlackSS View Post
    I'm on a MAF.
    I will have to look at the files and see what I can come up with. How much $$$ are we talking if you help me? I have hadthe car tuned professionally but that was back home and at 900 feet not 7,250 feet above sea level..
    Typically $200 with a daily walk thru by PM or email. Tell yah what post your tune. Lets see what we can do here... I don't plan to use any credits to authorize your tune so probably won't be able to save any changes I make and re-post fixes for you. Happy to guide you though. First thing you need to do is tune your VE table. Find a VE tuning walk thru and start by tuning using your LTFT's and STFT's if you don't have a wideband. If you have a wideband look for wideband %error tuning.
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com