Thread: LNF and LK9

LNF and LK9

I'm thinking bout importing a solstice to my part of the world, but was wondering about spare parts.... is the solstice similar to the LK9 used in the Saab 9-3 turbo??? If so the dealers stock them here so I'm sure they've got spare parts for them...

Or can anyone help me in the direction of what spare parts these engines might need... lets say oil filters, spark plugs, general maintenence stuff... brakes etc? anything of the malibu fit over??

also how bout transmission? looking to get an auto...

any help would be greatly appreciated, trying to help out my fiance in this...

cheers!

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

As far as the motor, not much in common at all, except they are based on the same 'Ecotec' design.
    The LNF has direct injection and VVT, which the LK9 does not, meaning different top end, injection system, and pistons.
    Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazin' View Post
    I'm thinking bout importing a solstice to my part of the world, but was wondering about spare parts.... is the solstice similar to the LK9 used in the Saab 9-3 turbo??? If so the dealers stock them here so I'm sure they've got spare parts for them...

Or can anyone help me in the direction of what spare parts these engines might need... lets say oil filters, spark plugs, general maintenence stuff... brakes etc? anything of the malibu fit over??

also how bout transmission? looking to get an auto...

any help would be greatly appreciated, trying to help out my fiance in this...

cheers!

Oil filters and plugs are the same as any other Ecotec engine pretty much, aside from the LSJ, which just uses different plugs. The transmissions are from a Chevy Colorado or the Canyon or the new Isuzu pickups. The LK9 is not similar at all.
    RSG Offroad
    Jeeps. Jeeps. And more Jeeps. Oh and Jeeps too.

i know this is a tuning forum... but could you guys list out to me what I might be facing if i import this car over with no spare parts?? im just a bit worried I might get into trouble by doing this... but the solstice is just too good of a car to pass up for the price...

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Instagram

Over where? As there is an Opal that is a Solstice under the sheetmetal and so then parts should not be an issue if you are in Europe or somewhere that Opels are sold.

Tuner in Training
    The Opel GT is part for part identical to the Solstice other than the body and interior trim.

i should've said in the mideast.. kuwait, the dealers never brought over the 2.0T or the Opel GT... kinda a pain to be honest, the GT is a sweet car.....

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Instagram

So if you did there are just some minor parts that I would stock up on and for the most part the thing just runs ... not sure it would be my only transportation cause of the lag if you needed major parts.

Hmm, parts that have failure issues... There's been a few (3-4 that I've heard of) that have lost the high pressure fuel pump, but we're guessing that's an issue with a particular batch of pumps. I can't really think of any other failure prone parts off the top of my head.