Thread: Air fuel ration in scanner

Tuner in Training

Air fuel ration in scanner

i have an lnf cobalt and im trying to get the air fuel ratio to work on my scanner as you guys all know they come with a wideband from the factory. i went to my scanner and i went to properties and clicked pid and clicked wideband 02 and none of them work. how do i get the air fuel to work in my scanner?

Advanced Tuner
    Its called WB Lambda B1 in fuel system>oxygen sensors, assuming you have the latest version.

Tuner in Training
    i have it but i dont know how to read it like that. is their a way i can have the scanner read like an aeroforce guage?
    Last edited by supermantxz24; 02-17-2009 at 08:59 PM.

Tuner in Training
    or how do you read lambda?
    Last edited by supermantxz24; 02-17-2009 at 08:59 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Multiply lambda by 14.7 to get afr, just make a user defined pid to do that.

Tuner in Training
    i see where to get to the user defined pid but how would you modify it? can you kind of walk me through it im kinda a noob at moding the pids lol
    Last edited by supermantxz24; 02-17-2009 at 09:55 PM.

Modify what....?
    RSG Offroad
    Jeeps. Jeeps. And more Jeeps. Oh and Jeeps too.

Tuner in Training
    how do you make a user defined pid to multiply the lambda by 14.7

Quote Originally Posted by supermantxz24 View Post
    how do you make a user defined pid to multiply the lambda by 14.7
    I don't want to come across as an ass here, but if you don't know how to make a PID, you shouldn't be tuning your car.

A word of advice, read the HPT help manual before getting too deep into anything. It has a lot of great information that will surely answer many of your questions. A good place to start is HERE!

Now, to give you the answer to the question you had asked, you can find the custom PID demo HERE.
    Tyler

Tuner in Training
    ^^^well you did come off as an ass but its ok because the world couldnt be a better place without those. i used an areoforce guage to do my afr so thats why i never had to mess with the pid's i have seen people asking stupider questions on here and not get flamed but its all good thanks guys for your help

^^^well you did come off as an ass but its ok because the world couldnt be a better place without those. i used an areoforce guage to do my afr so thats why i never had to mess with the pid's i have seen people asking stupider questions on here and not get flamed but its all good thanks guys for your help
    I just find it hard to believe that people try to tune cars with HPT, and don't try to learn the software first. It's like trying to format a letter without knowing how to operate Word.

And by the way... your welcome!
    Tyler

Tuner in Training
    what does messing with the scanner have to do with tuning some people use aftermarket guages? their wasnt any need to mess with the scanner side because the scanner had everything that i needed to tune. like i said before i used an interceptor to monitor afr so i dont know what your point is. common since is if im asking a question im trying to learn for future referance but thanks anyways for being a dick. ill be sure to flame you when you ask a question on the other forums and tell you that you should learn your car inside and out. you cant ask questions because if you ask a question that means you dont know anything about your car. people like you make me sick you ask questions to learn but thanks for your help.
    Last edited by supermantxz24; 02-18-2009 at 02:06 PM.

what does messing with the scanner have to do with tuning some people use aftermarket guages and their wasnt any need to mess with the scanner side because the scanner had everything that i needed to tune since i used an interceptor to monitor afr so i dont know what your point is and common since is if im asking a question im trying to learn for future referance but thanks anyway
    The scanner and the editor go hand in hand. While you can use the editor as a standalone, there is far more room for error. Remember, the ECU is sensing and commanding thousands of times per second... if you think you can read a gauge and accurately tune off that, then you obviously don't need our help.
    However, since dataloggers are the norm for tuning, and the VCM Scanner is a datalogger, as well as the fact that since you asked how to "get the air fuel ratio to work on my scanner", I took it that you were using the VCM scanner... in which case it was open game to say "read the effin manual".

Now, if you done being defensive, you can watch the video I linked to, a few posts up. As well, the other link is for some very handy manuals. Reading up on the software WILL answer many of the questions you have, and possibly save you a lot of time in the long run.

people like you make me sick you ask questions to learn but thanks for your help.
    I see your snide edit there.
    Listen... you can be ungrateful... but I gave you the info you were looking for. It you'd click the fucking link and learn, it would be a whole lot easier.
    I answered your question, and this is the thanks I get.... jeezus! Kids like you make me sick.
    Last edited by omega_5; 02-18-2009 at 02:13 PM.
    Tyler

Tuner in Training
    thanks for your help i clicked your link a long time ago and they where verry helpful but when people ask questions you dont have to be a dick about it. i use areoforce guage to monitor my afr and i said that earlier before your second post so i dont see how you missed it. i just wanted to know about the afr on the scanner just for personal knowledge but thanks i just hate when people ask questions and someone has to be a dick about it.

thanks for your help i clicked your link a long time ago and they where verry helpful but when people ask questions you dont have to be a dick about it. i use areoforce guage to monitor my afr and i said that earlier before your second post so i dont see how you missed it. i just wanted to know about the afr on the scanner just for personal knowledge but thanks i just hate when people ask questions and someone has to be a dick about it.
    I understand your frustration and anger at the comment... however, imagine the frustration I feel when the answers to many questions I answer each day can easily be found in the HPT help files.
    Get where I'm coming from? It was just the frustration coming out.

Anyways, hope that helps. Good luck with the tuning.
    Tyler

Tuner in Training
    I only see one "dick" in this thread. Same one you see in the mirror each morning.

What is wrong with suggesting people read the help files that answer 98% of the questions people have? That's what they are there for. You didn't ask but when I see a person unwilling to read first before asking a question it shows they really don't want an answer they want someone to do the work for them for nothing.

The guy gave you good, solid and accurate information and you spit in his face. Shame on you!

Tuner in Training
    ^^^ i did use the search and i told him thank you but he didnt have to come with "if you don't know how to make a PID, you shouldn't be tuning your car" its like people cant ask a question on a forum without people saying use the search. i did and i didnt find what i was looking for so i asked