Thread: Locking up

Locking up

I'm Trying to tune a GMC 3500 - 8.1 with an allison trany. The scanner keeps locking up when I'm trying to log. I can hit the stop button and then start it back up. It may make it threw the the hole run, but chances are it will lock up before the runs over.
    I plugged a OTC Genesis computer in, ran the data stream and had no problem. Any thoughts.
    The editor works fine.

I'm running MVP Pro Version 2.2
    2002 Chevy ECSB, 6.0 - 4L80, Comp Cam 226/270 .520/.524 Lift 115 Lobe - Magnaflow exhaust -Free flow cats K/N Kit - Electric fans - 3.73

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    What are the specs on your laptop? Does the scanner work without issue on other vehicles? Are there specific pid's that you log that will cause the scanner to lockup?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

New Toshiba with Vista Home used only to tune. 9 month or so with no problems.
    AMD Turion 64x2 1.90GHz
    2.00 GB
    32 Bit

Scanner doesn't lock up on my ride.

Ran the default pids after it locked up and had the same problem.

The strange part is it my lock up in 30 sec or 15 minutes it's not consistent. If it was a pid I figured it would lock up right away.

But don't forget I can run the OTC with out a problem.

This may not be a problem with HP. I'm just trying to rule it out.

Another problem I have is after I up graded to 2.22 every now and then when I open my scanner and go to the chart view in full page mode. It shows the chart information at 1/3 of the screen in stead of stretched all the way across. Close the scanner reopen and it's fine. This started after I loaded 2.22. The two problem I know are not related. Just letting you know. I'll get a screen shot if you want to see it. I'm not much worried about it.
    2002 Chevy ECSB, 6.0 - 4L80, Comp Cam 226/270 .520/.524 Lift 115 Lobe - Magnaflow exhaust -Free flow cats K/N Kit - Electric fans - 3.73

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Contact support so we have this information on record & we'll run you through some tests. Make sure you are running version 2.22 from your customer login page as 2.2.0 is no longer supported.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I'll send the info.