Thread: How to log Fuel or Oil Pressure

How to log Fuel or Oil Pressure

On my road race car with an L-32 engine, I'd like to log fuel and/or oil pressures. A friend suggested that I use the stock air conditioner pressure sensor for my pressure sensor.

What range of pressures does the A/C sensor normally see? If the sensor's pressure range is compatible, it should not be hard to feed a 0 to 5 VDC signal into a log port on the VCM interface box.

Does anyone have any experience with or suggestions about this? Thanks

Someone must have experience with this subject.

Logging fuel pressure would be the best possible way to prove whether or not your fuel pump and fuel system was adequate for the flow your injectors are trying to make. A weak pump, bad pressure regulator or clogged filter would show up immediately if you could log fuel pressure. It could also eliminate low fuel pressure as a potential cause of hi rev/hi load KR.

It seems like someone would have already figured this out. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Tuner in Training
    Has anyone experienced this yet?

Advanced Tuner
    You're going to need fuel and oil pressure senders. I'm logging my fuel pressure but I have a Autometer electric fuel pressure gauge hooked up to my wideband input on the MVPI Pro interface.
    2005 Grand Prix GTP
    My CarDomain Page

When there was no reply to my inquiries, I ended up getting an AutoMeter #2246 pressure transducer. Used the +5VDC supply from the TPS and wired it into an auxiliary input on the HPT VCIM. Worked fine and I satified myself that my fuel pump and filter setup was adequate.

Advanced Tuner
    Oops, didn't realize the first post was so old, lol.
    2005 Grand Prix GTP
    My CarDomain Page