Thread: Quick Question about Russ K's OL maf tuning

Quick Question about Russ K's OL maf tuning

I must be doing something wrong but I am getting better. My LTFT locks at -3.0 @ WOT.

My question is from this quote. It is the 3rd paragraph down: Then copy & paste the Maf error % histogram to the Maf table using paste special multiply by %. Once you get the AFR close to 14.7, then use paste special multiply by % - half.

He says once you get the AFR close.... Does this mean that after you do paste special multiply by% you then flash the file and watch the AFR and then go paste special multiply by % - half and flash the file again?
    2004 Grand Am SC/T- Eaton Magnuson M62 supercharger, 2.6" pulley, EGR delete, Greddy PCV oil catch system, 42.5lb/hr injectors, LS1 MAF, custom CAI, cooling mist meth injection system

Advanced Tuner
    yup , reflash till its where you want it ( rinse & repeat)
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

OK, thanks ill try this again.
    2004 Grand Am SC/T- Eaton Magnuson M62 supercharger, 2.6" pulley, EGR delete, Greddy PCV oil catch system, 42.5lb/hr injectors, LS1 MAF, custom CAI, cooling mist meth injection system

Senior Tuner
    Careful, some of the cells get skewed by transient fueling error, so some cells near one another near tip-in to WOT can get a bit fugly looking. You could possibly build this error into the histogram, tho. However, nothing beats good ole fashioned individual MAF cell tuning on your own (meaning, no histogram!). Export to Excel is how I like it
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Could that contribute to a slight delay on tip in? How do I tune those individual cells?

Senior Tuner
    It's simple, you log MAF Hz, log Actual AFR, and log Commanded AFR. Do an "Export Data" to csv format (will open in Excel). In your tune, adjust the Hz cells as necessary. The formula is simple:

Actual AFR / Commanded AFR = % to multiply the MAF transfer airflow values by in those Hz ranges
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)