Thread: Wb Help

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar

Wb Help

so i hear we have wideband o2 sensors from the factory but i cannot seem to read mine. i have an 08 cobalt lnf and yea i have tried to use the histograms in the help section at the top of the l4 section. i have tried custom pids and all that and i cant seem to figure it out.
    ill post one of my logs if anyone could help me read that sucker that would be awesome.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Lambda (B1). Its 14.6 x Lambda B1 = actual AFR.
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

i must be retarded at custom pids but i put 14.6 * lambda b1 in the function box and all i see i zeros in the graph.
    ive also tried 14.6*wb lambda b1
    14.6* [pid.6160]

Advanced Tuner
    Hehe c'mon man - your in an LNF now you have to start thinking in lambda not AFR.

I'm just busting your chops of course, but seriously, I'm not sure why a simple function like that would not work, unless there is some formatting error? Also double check that your logging the pid used in the formula. Don't mean to insult your intelligence, but these are things i've done lol
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

Are you logging that PID in the table? If so what does it display?
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

this is how im doing it like you said....

and this is what i see when it logs....

The function needs to onlt use PIDs or SENS's. It doesnt' know that the heck LAMBDA B1 is.

OMG Dude! I just looked at your log. You have dos mucho PIDs! The more you add the slower the sample rate. And with all the PIDs you have added, Lambda B1 isn't one of them. But looking through the available PIDs for you I only see "Lambda B1 & B2 Commanded (lambda)". So I am thinking that you cannot log the actual AFR, just the commanded AFR.

do this:

Whack a $hitload of PIDs from your table. Create different configs for different things that only have the PIDs that pertain to that tuning config. Idle PIDs in the idle config, WOT related PIDs in the WOT tuning config, etc. Only have what you need to tune what you're tuning at the time. For the purposes of this experiment just make sure you add the Lambda B1 Commanded to the table. B2 wouldn't hurt either.

Change your user defined PID to "14.68 * [PID.6005]" (pid.6005 is lambda b1 commanded).

Then log and see what you get.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Advanced Tuner
    5 Liter Eater is right. You need to create the function using available PIDs, not the generic names of the PIDs. However, you should be able to log the actual lambda from the WB. maybe its WB lambda O2 or something like that?

You're config looks like BFT's config - I've found the sampling rate to be fine with that one although I did remove some of the parameters

Insert WB Lambda B1 into your table display, Then use 14.68*[PID.6160] for the custom pid to display AFR.

The custom pid for commanded AFR is 14.68*[PID.68].

Russ Kemp

6160 doesnt work haha tried that ive tried everything mentioned except comanded lambda 1 or 2 so ill do those and see what i get. im putting in an aem wb soon im sick of tinkerin it out when its not really there and problem with my tuning is i tune it all at once lol it works fine though.

got it thanks guys, wideband aem next week for more accuracy. mtrboat

Advanced Tuner
    Does someone have a premade config file with the Wideband on it?

I thought i was figuring it out, but I must not have a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriebs View Post
    Does someone have a premade config file with the Wideband on it?

I thought i was figuring it out, but I must not have a clue.
    +1, ive looked everywhere and couldnt find WB Lambda B1 (Lambda) or WB Lambda B2 (Lambda). We must be retarded .
    2008 Sky RL

Quote Originally Posted by |V3nom| View Post
    +1, ive looked everywhere and couldnt find WB Lambda B1 (Lambda) or WB Lambda B2 (Lambda). We must be retarded .
    Like the one's in this post?

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...1&postcount=15