Thread: Would like to build an SS UTE but here in the united states we don't have them !

Would like to build an SS UTE the USA don't have them ! help from down under please

Would like to build an SS UTE here in the USA don't have them ! help from down under please
    This is in the planning stages ----- cost /feasibility /shipping or parts availability ???
    so this is were I need help from you Australian people .
    Can I get one shipped to the USA and will the USA let me do it ??? OR --- I believe it is on the holden platform and I think we (the USA ) use it under the Pontiac GTO and G8 and Chevy CAMARO so maybe I can get a rear clip cut from windshield back and splice it onto a GTO or G8 that was crashed in the back end keeping the USA happy because the front half was built in USA
    1.)for the body repair people of Australia do you have a body or chassis/ frame dimension spec. sheet you could e-mail me so I can compare Pontiac spec.
    2.)for the holden dealer parts person an illustrated parts/ sheet metal diagram with part numbers maybe some of the floor pan is the same and I just need to re-skin the inner and outer quarters and roof (GM did it to the chevelle and the el Camino e-mail me if you do

thank you Jeff
    Last edited by 2M8; 04-20-2009 at 07:54 PM. Reason: title change
    IT'S GOT TO HAVE PUSH RODS TO BE A REAL STREETROD

Advanced Tuner
    how about a late model drivetrain and computer in an older el camino ?

kind of like the "grand camino's" you see people making with grand national drivetrains & electronics but with the power and electronics updated to an LSX engine or 3800 sc like the austrailian utes have instead of the stuff from the 80's
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

so maybe I can get a rear clip cut from windshield back and splice it onto a GTO or G8 that was crashed in the back end keeping the USA happy because the front half was built in USA

They are both built in Australia, and I thought that they were going to be selling the SS Ute over there (usa) soon anyway or was that all axed when everything crashed ?

Advanced Tuner
    it would be cheaper to ship a entire ute over there and swap the steering and dash from a GTO into it...

they are pretty simple to pull apart

I was told to be a good public speaker you should open with a joke (the only one i know with a Australian theme ) WHAT IS A AUSTRALIAN KISS

ANSWER : SAME AS A FRENCH KISS BUT DOWN UNDER
    i know don't quit the day job

answer to DJ909 : they dropped the G8 ST about a month before they announced Pontiac death
    answer to VYSSLS1 : yes it would be very easy to swap dash fire wall steering gear and stuff but .... almost imposable to ship a ute into this country because when it hits USA soil i need to prove it meets crash tests and emissions so by shipping in a rear cut that is considered a used auto part and not too hard to splice it to a usa g8
    the other idea i had was to find a holden dealer to help me and order all the parts for the rear of a ve ute as if it was a bad rear end crash ....so what i'm saying hear is if any holden dealer parts person would like to help . it won't be just one order i have two people that want to see my G8 UTE done and then want me to build them one each
    any help would be great thank you
    Last edited by 2M8; 05-27-2009 at 08:17 PM. Reason: proof read
    IT'S GOT TO HAVE PUSH RODS TO BE A REAL STREETROD