Thread: Suggested WB Sensor Mounting Location...

Suggested WB Sensor Mounting Location...

Bought an Auto Meter Sport Comp WB gauge. It has the Bosch sensor. What do you make of the installation instructions below? What's you suggestion for mounting location? Some people I have talked to think this is not a good location to mount it. (I do have a turbo BTW)

Krunch

2002 Monte Carlo SS "Project Intimidator"

[*DHP PowerTuner*] [L36] [180 TStat] [ZZP HVTB] [HV3] [Resonator & U-Bend Delete] [Carsound Hi Flow Cat] [Corsa Catback] [P&P OEM Manifolds] [Precision PT61] [ZZP Trans] [3000 Stall] [2.93 Gears] [F-Body Calipers] [Water-To-Air IC] [AFCO Ford SVT HE] [IAT Post-IC] [Bosch IC Pump] [9.5L System Fluid Capacity]

Tuner
    If you have a CAT the O2 sensor must be mounted pre-cat. If you don't run a CAT then you can build an insert pipe with a O2 bung and clamp and put it in the tailpipe. The tip of the O2 sensor must be perpendicular to the exhaust flow for an accurate reading.

I never asked anything about mounting location WRT the cat. Are you saying you disagree with the manufacturer recomended instructions I posted? I just want to clarify.

Also, no matter where you put WB in teh exhaust pipe, the exhaust flow will be perpendicular to Wb sensor.

Krunch

Quote Originally Posted by dlagrua View Post
    If you have a CAT the O2 sensor must be mounted pre-cat. If you don't run a CAT then you can build an insert pipe with a O2 bung and clamp and put it in the tailpipe. The tip of the O2 sensor must be perpendicular to the exhaust flow for an accurate reading.
    2002 Monte Carlo SS "Project Intimidator"

[*DHP PowerTuner*] [L36] [180 TStat] [ZZP HVTB] [HV3] [Resonator & U-Bend Delete] [Carsound Hi Flow Cat] [Corsa Catback] [P&P OEM Manifolds] [Precision PT61] [ZZP Trans] [3000 Stall] [2.93 Gears] [F-Body Calipers] [Water-To-Air IC] [AFCO Ford SVT HE] [IAT Post-IC] [Bosch IC Pump] [9.5L System Fluid Capacity]

Senior Tuner
    Yes, follow the directions.
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com