Thread: Where To Install WB Bung?

Where To Install WB Bung?

From what I've read, the general concensus seems to be that this bung should be welded in before (upstream) from my cat and once mounted the sensor be located between 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock in the pipe to avoid potential condensation on the sensor which could cause it to prematurely fail.

So, I don't see how that's possible, what am I missing here?

I jacked the car tonight and if I try to abide by the criteria I mentioned above, I don't see anywhere where there is enough clearance that the actual WB sensor itself doesn't hit the floor of the car.

Help me out please, detailed location description, pics if you got em'

Thanx,
    Krunch
    2002 Monte Carlo SS "Project Intimidator"

[*DHP PowerTuner*] [L36] [180 TStat] [ZZP HVTB] [HV3] [Resonator & U-Bend Delete] [Carsound Hi Flow Cat] [Corsa Catback] [P&P OEM Manifolds] [Precision PT61] [ZZP Trans] [3000 Stall] [2.93 Gears] [F-Body Calipers] [Water-To-Air IC] [AFCO Ford SVT HE] [IAT Post-IC] [Bosch IC Pump] [9.5L System Fluid Capacity]

Bump!

..."As I lay rubber down the street,
    I pray for traction I can keep,
    but if I spin and begin to slide,
    I pray dear Lord to protect my ride"! Amen.

Upstream of the cat is of paramount importance! Sensor orientation is hard to achieve without dropping the exhaust or header to weld on the bung. Mine was welded onto the collector of my header while on the car so it's just below the 3-o-clock position. That was as good as we could do without pulling the header. So technically this orientation would allow moisture to get into the WB cell but I have not seen any problems.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game