Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turbo sunfire injector issue

Turbo sunfire injector issue

We put 36# stock lsj injectors in a 2005 sunfire for ouyr turbo setup. On the stock tune the car runs fine just too lean. We changed the injector constant, which is the old constant * (old inj/new inj), correct?

Old constant was .17800, the new one should be .11867. (.17800*(24/36)) But it wont stay running with that contant, it starts then stauls immediatly.

We have 2 different tunes were trying, the stock and the new one were trying from a friend of ours. Now the stock constant willrun on the new tune but it leans out the afr gauge comepletely,and the new constant just stauls.

Any idea what the problem could be? We upped to a 2.5 bar map instead of the stock 1 bar. U think the tables r off? I dunno what else to try here.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah, swapping in a 2.5 bar map from the stock 1 bar will screw up everything.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by acesneights View Post
    Any idea what the problem could be? We upped to a 2.5 bar map instead of the stock 1 bar. U think the tables r off? I dunno what else to try here.
    DING DING DING.... Go back to a 1 bar setup.... Faking to a 2.5 is doing nothing but losing resolution...

P&P Tuning

But if we use a 1 bar we wont be able to read boost I thought? Im new at tuning here and this is my first car. Dont u have to up the map sensor, I thought that a 1 bar cant read boost at all, just up to 1 psi?

Also...the LSJ injectors are 32.5lb...could be your problem.
    RSG Offroad
    Jeeps. Jeeps. And more Jeeps. Oh and Jeeps too.

But if we use a 1 bar we wont be able to read boost I thought? Im new at tuning here and this is my first car. Dont u have to up the map sensor, I thought that a 1 bar cant read boost at all, just up to 1 psi?
    You have a lot to learn.... Your fueling is based on Alpha-N. All your fueling is done off the TPS (except idle). The only thing your MAP sensor does is control timing and fuel at idle.... If you could scale the axis on to read the 2.5 BAR that would be one thing. Since you can't, all you are doing is losing resolution.

P&P Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by imphat0260 View Post
    You have a lot to learn.... Your fueling is based on Alpha-N. All your fueling is done off the TPS (except idle). The only thing your MAP sensor does is control timing and fuel at idle.... If you could scale the axis on to read the 2.5 BAR that would be one thing. Since you can't, all you are doing is losing resolution.
    So then the one bar map sensor will work fine then?

So then the one bar map sensor will work fine then?
    Yes....

P&P Tuning

OK thanks, we put the 1 bar back in an now its running a 10 afr at idle. So do we change the numbers in the table to be lower to lean it out?

Alright we cant figure out how to get this car to run richer. It idles at 15-16 afr and when we get on it, it goes to 10 and then works its way up to 14-15. How do we change that from happening.

Advanced Tuner
    http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.ph...&i=6694&t=6694

Read that ^^

You need to tune the VE tables by disableing closed loop, logging AFR % Error data (via wideband of course), and then adjusting you VE tables (low rpm single/double fire and high rpm) based on the % differences. Higher numbers in the VE tables are richer. I would recommend making everything a little richer before disableing closed loop so that you don't go extremely lean while datalogging...
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

thats what we tried to do last night but it wouldnt let us log our afr % error. How do u set up the histogram? It tells us that its not supported by our set parameters.

Actually thats exactly what we were going off of. It just wouldnt let us use the histogram.

Advanced Tuner
    My config is attached

([SENS.121] - [AUX.20121]) / [AUX.20121] *-100

You will have to make the AUX sensor your wideband O2 sensor - whatever you have it hooked upto. Let me know if it works.
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

alright thanks man

it wont let me open ur file oldskool. And we did the closed loop disabled but it runs really rich normal driving but once we hit about 4k rpms it leans out to 14-14.5. We still cant get it to richen up, weve tried everything.

Advanced Tuner
    It's possible you couldn't open the file because it was modified with a beta version. Try this one and let me know how you make out.

If you get this config to work and you are confortable sending me some logs and your base tune, I'll gladly start modifying it...

no it wont let me look at that one either lol

no it wont let me look at that one either lol
    try opening the scanner then open the file from there. if I try to just double click it, it says "can't sparse log" or something. but when I open the scanner and goto file>open config. it works
    2004 2.2 Ecotec, CompCams Turbo Grind,
    3" exhaust, Precision PTB300-6157 intercooled
    HPT Pro, AEM EUGO wide-band

Would the tune have anything to do with the turbo not spooling up as fast as it used to? After we finally got a good afr, for idle and normal drivin, the turbo doesnt spool up til about 3500 rpms. It should build around 2500, and the car feels liek it drags ass til the boost kicks in and never used to. Any thoughts?