Thread: Mystery "hidden" fuel trims/Do fuel trims reset with a flash?

Mystery "hidden" fuel trims/Do fuel trims reset with a flash?

I've heard this same general statement many times, and I'd like to know how many of these mystery "trim tables" the LS2 has. Idle trims??? Startup trims??? Part-throttle trims? lol

Gerry, there are hidden trims, like the idle trims in LS1's that we don't have access to. you should reset the trims everytime you do a flash regardless if you LTFT's,02's and STFT's are disabled in the tune.
    First and foremost, I can tell you for fact that the LTFTs DO reset when you flash a tune. I have proof. My real question is if these top-secret, hidden trim tables get reset.

Thanks,
    Gerry
    Last edited by ShoddyHog; 06-23-2009 at 06:05 PM.
    06 M6 GTO - L92 Heads - Flowtech AK-47 cam - ported LS3 intake - ported TB - Kooks 1 7/8 - Cats - SVEDE OTR CAI - H-Pipe - Flowmaster Super 40s

Senior Tuner
    I have seen where trims would not reset after a reflash. Very easily experienced by using the fuel control in the scanner to force reset after you do the flash and check trims before reset and after.

Thanks for the input. I've seen mine reset with a flash.

I'm hoping someone who knows for sure will chime in instead of guessing or repeating heresay, especially about these supposed hidden trims. Is there a startup fuel trim? Idle fuel trim?

Gerry
    Last edited by ShoddyHog; 06-24-2009 at 09:31 AM.
    06 M6 GTO - L92 Heads - Flowtech AK-47 cam - ported LS3 intake - ported TB - Kooks 1 7/8 - Cats - SVEDE OTR CAI - H-Pipe - Flowmaster Super 40s

Advanced Tuner
    Oh I Am Sure There Are Setting We Dont Have Access To. A Internet Shop I Have Talked To That Uses The Same Software Program Gm Uses To Flash The Ecm's Said There Are Some Parameters That Hpt Does Not Allow Access To That Exist For The Torque Management As Well.

I'm also sure there are settings we don't have access to.

I'm not interested in settings, but whether these mystery trims exists, what they are, and if they are reset with a tune flash.

Thanks,
    Gerry

Senior Tuner
    Well, just guessing here but, makes sense that if it's any kind of adaptive table setting we are not changing, maybe a full write would reset them unless the full write was from a read where the tables were already set, the same would go back in and a reset may be needed.

So, for experimentation, how about doing a read before resets, then do another read after resets and compare the files check sum values. That would tell you if the reset changed something you can't see.

Quote Originally Posted by BBA View Post
    Well, just guessing here but, makes sense that if it's any kind of adaptive table setting we are not changing, maybe a full write would reset them unless the full write was from a read where the tables were already set, the same would go back in and a reset may be needed.

So, for experimentation, how about doing a read before resets, then do another read after resets and compare the files check sum values. That would tell you if the reset changed something you can't see.
    You're assuming that the trim values are stored in the tune file? You really think they would bother reading those?

Gerry

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoddyHog View Post
    You're assuming that the trim values are stored in the tune file? You really think they would bother reading those?

Gerry
    Well, I didn't really think that out because that was for experimentation to see if they are stored in a readable location. You would verify it one way or the other I guess.

ttt

ttt