Thread: VE LTFT and STFT - MAP reads different in Chart and Tablehistogram vs

Tuner in Training

VE LTFT and STFT - MAP reads different in Chart and Tablehistogram vs

Hi, I've set up my vehicle for 2-bar speed density and made an initial run to log LTFT's and STFT's, and after I took a look at the log I was a bit confused by the readings on the vcm scanner. In the histogram, the values for the kPa read lower than what the values read in the Chart or Table. For instance, at idle my Chart&Table read 55kPa, while my Histogram reads 30kPa@800rpm. This is confusing me because I'm not sure which value is right, and because of that I don't know where I should be actually adjusting the value in the VE table on the VCM Editor. I followed the instructions for setting up 2Bar in the VCM Scanner but it still does this. I am posting a few screenshots to show you the differences in the value, what all I've changed in the Scanner, and the results of my initial log of fuel trims.

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/4281/ltft1.png
    http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/9884/ltft2.png
    http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9776/ltft3.png
    http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4...stfttuning.png

Tuner in Training
    Ok well I figured out the problem myself. Custom PID's....

The funny thing is, when I loaded my log on to my PC's VCM Scanner, the MAP kPa values in the Histogram matched every other table and chart whereas my laptop did not. That right there hailed a red flag that there was some kind of formula that the MAP was trying to calculate on my laptop that was different from my PC. So I had to find some way to look at what that MAP value was trying to calculate, what formula it was using. That means trying to find some way to nose around through the code, then I came across the VCM Scanner.cfg. Here is where I found my problem.

One day weeks ago I was playing around with the scanner trying to figure out how to set it up for 2-Bar and I came across some formula in the help file for MAP. It didn't work out when I loaded it on the Table so I deleted it but didn't permanently erase it from the custom PID's.

Looking through the VCM Scanner.cfg I quickly realized that 2 bar custom PID was still being defined in there, even though I didn't have it listed anywhere on the VCM Scanner's histogram, table, or chart. Hmm...PC's VCM Scanner has no Custom User PID's, but the Laptop does....

Threw in the PC's VCM Scanner.cfg, started up the vehicle, bingo, Histogram starts reading the MAP values correctly again. So helpful hint to anyone who uses a Custom Defined PID, be careful what you input. It can screw you over big time.

Tuner in Training
    Now for perhaps an easier question.

When I go back to look at my logged data (*.hpl file) the LTFT and STFT values are all 0 all across the board, when they should really be negative or positive values. It logs all the points that I actually hit at RPM vs MAP, but they are all 0 when they shouldn't be. How do I set it up so that I can actually see the data I recorded on the Scanner?

Tuner in Training
    If no one knows how to fix that issue with the logging, is there a phone number I can reach for customer service?

It's not all zeros. There are some blips of LTFT on bank 1 op to 2.3%. Without looking at the tune I'd guess you're in open loop and the little LTFTs you're seeing are from the last time you were in closed loop.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner in Training
    What I'm having trouble with is having it show me the data in the LTFT and STFT histograms when I replay the log file on my PC.

For example the 4th screenshot I showed was from my log of me driving around and recording the fuel trims:
    http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4...stfttuning.png

When I save that log file and I go to replay it in the VCM scanner, it will go through the entire motion and hit all those cells in the screenshot but they all are 0's on the histogram. It seems to log the data when I go out and drive just fine, its just getting it to display that same data in the histogram when I go to replay the saved log file that is troubling me. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or what I have set up wrong there.

Right click anywhere in the histogram and click "Load all data".
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner in Training
    Sorry, been a while since I had a chance to mess with it anymore. This worked for me, now I see all the data on my laptop from the log. Thank you very much for your assistance.