Thread: Im getting pissed! Cant get the VE tuned!!! WTF!!!

Im getting pissed! Cant get the VE tuned!!! WTF!!!

Well i can drive the car for an hour logging hitting as many cells as possible and multiply by percent. EASY RIGHT? HELL NO i do it then I go and drive the car after i flash and its off again? WTF! Im starting to go crazy ive spent 10 or more hours logging and im still way off!

I checked the wideband O2 and double checked it was calibrated right.

Checked my tune and scanner seem ok to me (but im not 100% sure)

Im just thinking after that much logging the ve should be tuned by now!

I would appreciate any help guys!

PS that KR is starting to scare me a little... lol

5.3, 317 heads, ls6 intake, 02 ZO6 cam, hardened pushrods, PRC dual springs, FMIC, 15* timming, 18psi boost, th400 w/transbrake .... 600rwhp

did you copy your primary VE rows and past it to secondry VE table ?

Senior Tuner
    He doesn't have a secondary table.

As far as I can see from your posted scan you are only off by a few % (i.e. 7% max). Majority of the table is extremely close. The area's in dark red don't even have more than 25 cell counts (logged data) so I wouldn't consider them good data for copying over to your VE table. You need to setup a filter for a minimum of 50 cell counts (logged data) before trusting any of your results.

Use the config. histogram, cell counts = 50, save. Start driving.

Also don't forget to smooth your VE table changes before loading up the next test tune.
    Last edited by Cantalope Kid; 07-06-2009 at 09:01 AM.
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cantalope Kid View Post

As far as I can see from your posted scan you are only off by a few % (i.e. 7% max). Majority of the table is extremely close. The area's in dark red don't even have more than 25 cell counts (logged data) so I wouldn't consider them good data for copying over to your VE table. You need to setup a filter for a minimum of 50 cell counts (logged data) before trusting any of your results.

Use the config. histogram, cell counts = 50, save. Start driving.

Also don't forget to smooth your VE table changes before loading up the next test tune.
    ok so I need to have atleast 50 cell hits to trust it... that helps guess I wasn't getting accurate results cuz I wasn't getting a good average.

so how do I do the boost area of the ve im not really to excited about doing 50+ wot runs lol. is there a trick?

thanks I always appreciate your help man.

Blaine

5.3, 317 heads, ls6 intake, 02 ZO6 cam, hardened pushrods, PRC dual springs, FMIC, 15* timming, 18psi boost, th400 w/transbrake .... 600rwhp

Senior Tuner
    You know, I tend to wonder if he does or doesn't, as in HPT some '98 F-Bod calibrations have the secondary VE table. Makes me wonder if it's just missing from HPT's definitions, and that he may have a very early '98 cal? I don't know, as I haven't studied this. It may have been previously answered on the forums (I haven't searched).
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

ya I only have 1 ve table since I switched to 2bar

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    You know, I tend to wonder if he does or doesn't, as in HPT some '98 F-Bod calibrations have the secondary VE table. Makes me wonder if it's just missing from HPT's definitions, and that he may have a very early '98 cal? I don't know, as I haven't studied this. It may have been previously answered on the forums (I haven't searched).
    I assumed the same thing until I looked over his tune...and went ummmmkkkkay? Thats odd, where is the secordary? Lol I figured the custom OS was the reason for no secondary. Maybe [email protected] will enlighten us with the definite answer.
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Cell 210-954-4985

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

so 98 is the only year that had primary and secondary VE tables...

Because my 98 had the primary and secondary VE tables befor i switched to the 2BAR OS.....

Well it started raining an hour befor i got off work so no tuning tonight.

Anyone have ideas why i get KR when my stall locks up at light throttle in OD on the highway? Sorry a little off subject... lol

Thanks for all the input guys!

Blaine

my 99 Vette has sec ve table until I bought 2 bar Os then only primary table.

Fastest A4 Coupe Bolt On's
    11.33 @ 119.84 mph OLSD Tune

Tuning done by www.GearsAreUs.com

Quote Originally Posted by one_bad_ls1 View Post

Anyone have ideas why i get KR when my stall locks up at light throttle in OD on the highway? Sorry a little off subject... lol

Thanks for all the input guys!

Blaine
    Maybe due to the change in load. Try backing off the timing and see if it goes away. If so, it's legit.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Senior Tuner
    I assumed the same thing until I looked over his tune...and went ummmmkkkkay? Thats odd, where is the secordary? Lol I figured the custom OS was the reason for no secondary. Maybe [email protected] will enlighten us with the definite answer.
    Ahhh, he has a 2-bar. DOH! Yes, HPT eliminates the secondary VE table on the custom OS.

Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

I seem to get KR even at 11.3 AFR and only 6* timming!!! These 98 Knock sensors suck!!!!!!!!

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by one_bad_ls1 View Post
    I seem to get KR even at 11.3 AFR and only 6* timming!!! These 98 Knock sensors suck!!!!!!!!
    Post copy of tune and log of issue please.
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Cell 210-954-4985

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Is it real or false knock?

Fastest A4 Coupe Bolt On's
    11.33 @ 119.84 mph OLSD Tune

Tuning done by www.GearsAreUs.com

I started a new thread for the kr issue....

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...388#post178388

thanks guys.... i think its false but i made several logs what do you think

Potential Tuner
    I was told by someone that the 98 LS1 knock sensors needed to be de-sensitized... at least I'm pretty sure that's what he was getting at.

Maybe someone else can confirm or de-buff this?