Thread: Write Calibration vs. Write entire

Tuner in Training

Write Calibration vs. Write entire

I know write entire is required for changing operating systems. Do the 97 camaro a4 and m5 have different operating systems?

I ask because I am having problems with getting such a rich condition around 70mph that I can not get past 70mph speed in any gear, referenced in this thread:
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24867

I am thinking now it could be a transmission thing, but I do not want to do a write entire with the m5 file yet because I dont want to use up the credits if I dont have to, so I just copy-pasted all the tables (engine and transmission) from an m5 file for now.
    1996 Camaro 3.8L M5

3" intake, pacesetter headers, 3" S-pipe, 2.5" magnaflow exhaust, exedy clutch, 3.42's and auburn LSD (back to 3.23's and open diff for now), Bilstein HD shocks, Eibach Pro-kit springs, 245/50/R16 Bridgestone Potenza tires.

HPTuners Pro, PLX Wideband, 97 ECU

1/4 mile: 14.63 @ 93.57 before tuning

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by saltnvinegar6287 View Post
    I know write entire is required for changing operating systems. Do the 97 camaro a4 and m5 have different operating systems?
    Yes and no, they can be different operating systems but won't always be. For instance in an LS1 an auto can have the same os as an M6, gm will just change the calibration for each.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I think I know what fixed the issue. Who the hell told me to change that P0121 Error MAP value in "Engine Diag" to Min = 0 and Max = 100? Maybe I told myself, but that messed some stuff up. I changed that and a few Engine tables such as Initial vs. Startup, Closed Loop Delay, and DE Modifier ECT that would probably have no effect on my problem, and problem solved!

Some fine tuning on the DE Tables for drivability and I can finally start my PE AFR and Spark Advance.
    1996 Camaro 3.8L M5

3" intake, pacesetter headers, 3" S-pipe, 2.5" magnaflow exhaust, exedy clutch, 3.42's and auburn LSD (back to 3.23's and open diff for now), Bilstein HD shocks, Eibach Pro-kit springs, 245/50/R16 Bridgestone Potenza tires.

HPTuners Pro, PLX Wideband, 97 ECU

1/4 mile: 14.63 @ 93.57 before tuning