Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: any pointers left? g8 tune

Tuner in Training
    The dyno tune file for the vararam etc was tuned by a shop and that car made around 350 rwhp and tq. The other tune file I did. I tuned my maf to the ltft by special pasting (multiplying) and used horizontal smoothing but only have done it once. It's hard to get a lot of high maf hz readings without going to pe so I only multiplied by half just in case the avg was off.

I used the timing table from the dyno tune and subtracted the areas that were tuned by 2 degrees to be on the safe side. I have no kr at wot. The only kr is those spots that you see on the histogram. I thought I was being conservative but if you see problems let me know. The car seems to be running fine and throttle response is way better from a stop.

The car that was dynoed has no KR and runs real strong
    Here is the sheet.

Just to be clear the dyno sheet corresponds with VARSLPHSRK file

The log and other tune is my car, in which the only issue as of now is getting very small KR when I blip the throttle. I also messed with DOD to keep it active more just to see gas mileage difference. I was getting 22-24mpg on the same trip that I use to get 17-19. It's about a 25 minute drive with some stop and go and a 50 mph speed limit for the most part. All I did was move the DOD tps% disengagement up
    Last edited by WhiteHotG8; 07-19-2009 at 11:00 PM.
    2009 White Pontiac G8 GT
    Stock for now

1997 Pontiac Formula M6 *SOLD*
    Stroked Sprayed 6 Speed

2006 Yamaha R1 Raven*SOLD*
    520 Chain +2 in the Rear.

Advanced Tuner
    ill look over it in the next few days and check it out..
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Tuner in Training
    Thanks
    2009 White Pontiac G8 GT
    Stock for now

1997 Pontiac Formula M6 *SOLD*
    Stroked Sprayed 6 Speed

2006 Yamaha R1 Raven*SOLD*
    520 Chain +2 in the Rear.

Advanced Tuner
    Wanted to update the thread to keep all the info together. holy cow this biatch was running rich. with stock MAF table, and the only modification being the PE values posted by BBA and temp bias and what not, this car was running 11.1's all the way around. granted, the only mod on this car is a Vararam CAI. i started tuning the MAF (WOT values for now) and got her running close to my 12.5 flat PE. it's still rich cause it's been raining for the past 2 days, so we can't go WOT happy everywhere. had to back down the timing a little at 5200 rpm and up, but so far so good. i'll post some logs with the final results as soon as the weather gets better. hope to be able to get some track times with the finished tune, comparing stock vs modified tune. after that my friend can go and make all the dyno bs pulls he wants

Advanced Tuner
    pulled a 13.08 tonight so so close
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Hi Guys,
    U keen at having a look at my log and tune and see what u think about it since i got a holden commodore E38 which the G8 is based on.
    thanx Tony