Thread: Elimination of Torque Management

Potential Tuner

Question Elimination of Torque Management

I have a 1987 Fiero with a 2006 Grand Prix GTP L32 with:
    • A 2005 PCM
    • ZZP VS Cam
    • Ported & Polished Heads
    • 3.1 Pulley
    • West Coast Fiero Cold Air Intake and 1 5/8” Headers, 3” Y Pipe, Catalytic Converter, Spintech Muffler, & Dual 2” Exhausts
    • 4T65E –HD with 2.92 final gears

It is surprisingly slow off the line and we suspect it is a Torque Management problem. There is no way it will spin the tires.

The car runs well otherwise.

Does anyone know how to eliminate torque management using HP tuners?

Senior Tuner
    Post up your tune and I will help you.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Are using the wheel sensor inputs to the PCM? There is a switch input to the PCM to disable traction control. I will try to find my schematics and get back tonight with the info.
    06 GPGT, HPtuner, K&N CAI, ZZP CC Plog/Pem/Co, 3" DP HF Cat, Corsa Catback, ZZP 3.5 MPS, 180 stat, AL104s

Tuner
    The pedal folower traction Control System is also a safety for the ETC. The throttle body valve position is constantly referenced to the vehicle/wheel speed, RPM.s, engine load etc. If the values do not agree, your foot could be on the floor and the throttle will be cutting back. The PCM is set to the abuse mode also may go into the default mode.
    Go into the transmisson Torque Management section in the editor. Under Abuse Mode set to: disable Torque Reduction Mode: set to disable. That should solve your problem.
    Last edited by dlagrua; 07-10-2009 at 07:17 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Many thanks.

We are in the process of going to the CARB Referee for a California engine swap and as soon as I get that behind me I will be back on this tuning question.

Regards,

David