Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Ms4 Tune

Tuner in Training

Need Ms4 Tune

Hey guys im new here, not sure what to do. But i have had my car to 3 different people tuning it, and it still runs bad. Does anyone have a tune for a stock cube ls1, Ms4 cam, PRC ls6 heads, ls6 intake and stock throttle body. I also have 42lb injectors. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Let me know what you can do and we can work something out. Thanks alot

post current tune and log of problems. We cant help you any without those. Also, you need to use the search here. That cam has been discussed several times and there is alot of good info on here if you look for it.
    2003 Z06
    Forged 347
    PTE Billet 67/65 Turbos
    FMIC / Dual 50mm Tial BOV's
    ID 1000 Injectors
    RSI Stage 4 Fuel System
    07 Z06 Cam
    Tripple Nozzle Meth
    ACT Twin disk clutch

25# Boost

Tuner in Training
    Alright man thanks alot, ill try to figure out how to post up my tune tomorrow.

Tuner in Training
    Let me ask another question. Right now i have a pro products aluminum intake on the car with a fast 90 throttle body. I was planning on putting the stock ls6 intake and throttle body on tomorrow morning. Am i on the right track?

Couldn't answer that for ya without know what problems you are having first. Post tune and log, otherwise we are just shooting in the dark.
    2003 Z06
    Forged 347
    PTE Billet 67/65 Turbos
    FMIC / Dual 50mm Tial BOV's
    ID 1000 Injectors
    RSI Stage 4 Fuel System
    07 Z06 Cam
    Tripple Nozzle Meth
    ACT Twin disk clutch

25# Boost

Tuner in Training
    if i did this correct the current tune should be attached.

Tuner in Training
    one of those is it i guess. Thanks alot for whoever can help! Basically, the car wont idle, doesnt run, and smells super rich.

Senior Tuner
    HOLY HELL! That has to be the worst tune I've ever seen in my life. Well, one of them. The VE table is COMPLETELY jacked, the spark tables are totally focked, and the PE tables and injectors tables are absolutely RAPED! The MAF transfer has not even been touched. Oh, you need to go back in and turn P0155 DTC back ON (check mark and set to 1).

Dude, don't take this as a sales pitch, but you need to learn how to turn your on car, and quit letting these "N0085" screw you over. You'll end up jacking up your engine this way. You can start off by purchasing Greg Banish's training DVD, which will get you completely in the right direction. #1: You'll have ALL the proper injector calibration data for those 42# Ford injectors, and #2 his DVD (training program) will help teach you how to properly tune the MAF and SD.

You can acquire those from him by purchasing his DVD from SummitRacing:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SME-DVD-1/

As I told the other gent, many have already received their DVDs from the first batch that sold out, and Greg just sent another batch out to them, so if you order now you should have within a few days to a week.

Until you get the injector data right, then you're just TOONING, not tuning. After that comes the MAF tuning, then the SD/VE tuning (unless you want to run in pure MAF mode, which is perfectly fine to do), then the idle tuning.

Regards,

James
    Last edited by RWTD; 08-02-2009 at 10:59 PM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Tuner in Training
    so its not just me thinking its running like poop, it really is. RWTD, is there anyway you would be interested in writing me a tune?

Senior Tuner
    Sure, I'd love to help you. However, I would prefer you also purchase Greg's DVD, so that you can also learn in what's going on. To be fair to Greg's hard work on his injector calibration data, before I "online" publicly tune individuals, I'd rather have a confirmation that you purchased his DVD. I'd rather money go to him for what he does for this community.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Tuner in Training
    so tell me what youde like me to do, im all ears.

Senior Tuner
    I need to stress that I have zero affiliation with Greg's business. However, we are fellow tuners, and I 100% respect him and look up to him, and appreciate all the hard work he's done for this community, and has helped me with over the years. Yet again, Greg has given this community the tools and resources we ALL need to further our abilities. I can't stress how important that proper injector data is. If you don't start there first, you have totally allowed yourself to "rape" your tuning. Greg spent hours of his time researching and testing his injector calibration data.

I already help so many on these forums every single day, and I will continue to do such. However, with the purchase of Greg's training DVD, I will be more capable of help you properly, and others, in all your tuning needs, even with the helper/base tunes (I'm sorry, I just cannot give out his injector data, as it's private, and not for public distribution). Future help/questions you may need will have answers back from myself and many others on here that you will easily understand, based on the knowledge/experience you get from that DVD alone, as well as your own hands-on experience in tuning. Having calibration software (HP Tuners), and owning this DVD will absolutely the best tuning decision you have ever made, and you will wonder how you had ever lived with out it. Yes, it's that important!

BTW, you did say you had the Ford 42# injectors (green-tops), right?
    Last edited by RWTD; 08-03-2009 at 01:34 AM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Tuner in Training
    theyre 42 lb injectors. Im not sure who makes them.

Senior Tuner
    Well, please find out first who does. Are they green? If they aren't, then are another brand, so I will need you to get all the part #s for them.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Tuner in Training
    They are Bosch 42 lb injectors

Tuner in Training
    lol @ IFR table

edit: nvm I just looked at the whole tune and lol @ everything
    Last edited by mattgallan; 08-03-2009 at 02:06 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by red870 View Post
    They are Bosch 42 lb injectors
    That doesn't help me. Come on bud, I'm trying to help you.

Bosch makes the Ford 42# injectors. I need part #s! Please look at them physically and tell me the color on them. Do they look exactly like this?

Formerly known as RWTD

Tuner in Training
    They look like that but are all black. Ill look at them in the morning under some light and see if there is a number or something on there.

Senior Tuner
    Ahhh! Unfortunately, there isn't anyone who has the proper calibration data for those, then. I'd suggest you sell them and get some injectors that have known GM calibration data available for them, such as the Ford 42s. $209 thru www.buyfordracing.com
    Formerly known as RWTD