Thread: help with double shifting...

Tuner in Training

help with double shifting...

ever since I got the VE tuned on my truck, whenever I go to the dragstrip, the thing wont hold second gear.

2000 LS1/4L60e
    Ford 9" 3.70 gears

1. It USED to hold second just fine, and shift to third when it was supposed to. I DID NOT change anything in the transmission since that point in time.

2. cant get it to do it on the street. only at the track.

3. It kinda seems like its some kind of tq management (i see some timing being pulled on the chart?)... doesn't that stuff ever die?

heres the tune, config, and log of it, its just really a buzzkill when the thing should run a low 13 and it runs low 14's instead.

any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Ben
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by almostfast; 07-08-2009 at 06:23 AM.

Change the Trans Revs/Mile field as shown. Then the calculated tire dia will match the current tire dia. What size rear tires are on the car?

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    I have 205/75 15 street tires and 275/50 15 race tires so I guess Ill have to have a street tune and a race tune because of the 1" diameter difference...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Change the Trans Revs/Mile field as shown. Then the calculated tire dia will match the current tire dia. What size rear tires are on the car?

Russ Kemp
    I wonder how that number got so far off... It must have been when I changed from the 4.10 open stock rear to the 3.70 ford 9".

I didnt change that number when I did it, I only changed the gear ratio and the tire height. I see that now when I enter a new tire height and hit commit, the calculated height is the same.

Thanks for the help. Any idea what that tq management timing retard is about during the double shift? I have three more logs with that config and they all have that spike when the trans decided to skip up to 3rd...

-Ben

Tuner in Training
    changing the revs/mile fixed it.

Thanks Russ!