Thread: xr6T / F6 typhoon

Tuner

Exclamation xr6T / F6 typhoon

just wondering if anyone in aus has ever seen anyproblems with the boost solenoid between the turbine housing and wastegate actuator cause boost spike, and rich AFR's???? any input at all would be greatly apreciated.
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******

Tuner
    Seen it heaps. The get gummed up with crap,you can remove it and spray inside the ports with carby cleaner which may free it up otherwise there fairly cheap from ford. I have also had a couple of dodgy diaphragms in actuator. If you have done a full turbo back system including cat it will running higher boost which can cause error code for solenoid due to overshooting. The factory actuator is only about 4psi so the solenoid goes nuts trying to control boost above 10-12 psi.If you want to run say 14psi of boost you will most probably need to upgrade the actuator to a 12psi actuator and port/blend the wastegate hole in exhaust housing and fit a slightly larger flapper.
    Cheers
    Andrew

Tuner
    hey mate thanks heaps for your help i will be sure to clean it and see if it makes a difference, or i was going to plumb up a manual controller to diagnose the faulty solenoid. turbo is at turbotech now with a brand new 12 pound actuator and the wastegate hole is going to 38mm with new flapper. really appreciate the feedback.
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******

Tuner
    Hey,
    Did you adjust the wastgate settings etc to allow for the 12psi actuator

Tuner
    ive left it all to turbotech in perth. i haven't adjusted anything eletronicaly, i really have no idea wat im doing with the computer, i read the tune and the eletronic boost table has all been maxed out to 40.0, i dont know why this is... any ideas??? i asked turbo tech to bore the wastegate hole to 38mm and set the actuator to keep boost at 13psi max..... will this be ok???