Thread: Tune for New Converter

Potential Tuner

Tune for New Converter

I recently installed a Yank ss3600 and had the car dyno tuned. Performance wise it is great but there are a few problems I've had during regular driving.

First let me say I do a lot of driving in the city mainly 30-45 mph. I want keep lower lock up speeds if at all possible to conserve gas.

Problem 1:
    My converter is set to lock up in 3rd gear at 28 mph. If I even give it the slightest bit of gas it will unlock then when I get up to 37 mph the converter will lock in 4th gear.

Is there are way to keep it locked in 3rd gear during light throttle or cruise?

Edit:Gears are 3.23

Problem 2:
    When my converter locks up at 37 mph it makes all kinds of noises and I can feel the vibration through the console and pedal. This ONLY happens when the converter locks in 4th gear at light throttle. Everywhere else it is fine.

What is the cause of this and how can I fix it?

I am considering purchasing HP tuners just so I can tweak my transmission settings and also be able to tune for future mods. I've grown tired of having to go to a shop to tweak my tune and would prefer to be doing it in my own garage.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by JScamaro; 01-25-2008 at 03:40 PM.

Depending on the gear ratio, you probably don't want the TCC to lock up any lower than 40 mph. But, yes you can lock up the TCC at 28 mph and keep it locked at higher throttle with Hp Tuners. Also, you can set the TCC duty cycle max & min tables to eliminate the PWM.

Russ Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Depending on the gear ratio, you probably don't want the TCC to lock up any lower than 40 mph. But, yes you can lock up the TCC at 28 mph and keep it locked at higher throttle with Hp Tuners. Also, you can set the TCC duty cycle max & min tables to eliminate the PWM.

Russ Kemp
    Russ I have the same problems, however I do not see the TCC duty cycle tables in my editor.
    I would like it to lock up around 60mph at a normal cruise, I've tried the apply release tables, but no luck. I have 6l80e 3.42 3600 yank, E38, any help would be appreciated.
    thanks
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by pmj341 View Post
    Russ I have the same problems, however I do not see the TCC duty cycle tables in my editor.
    I would like it to lock up around 60mph at a normal cruise, I've tried the apply release tables, but no luck. I have 6l80e 3.42 3600 yank, E38, any help would be appreciated.
    thanks
    Phil
    Put your stock converter back in it for now. Until someone builds a conveter that works off PWM or HP grants us the ability to disable PWM your converter WILL NOT work correctly.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

2020 Ford F150 King Ranch 5.0

Putting my stock converter back is not an option, there is a fix!!
    It just eludes me!!
    my 1/4 mile times improved .4 since the converter.
    I'll just loose fuel mileage
    07 C6 A6 Ls2 427 Katech Stroker, TFS 225's, 3.42's, 3600 Yank. MT's Dr's 305/35r18
    610rwhp/640rwtq

TCC Duty Cycle

What is the answer to the question on how to set the TCC Duty Cycle? I don't see it in any of my Editor screens either.

I have a Vigilante 2600 stall triple plate clutch installed.

I have logged TCC Duty Cycle but see no values other than 0%
    I also have logged TCC Line Pressure and TCC Slip RPM and noticed that the TCC locks at about 42 psi.

TCC Line Pressure seems to have a few states: 0 psi, 18 psi step up, ramping up to 75 psi, and modulated pressure between 45 and 75 psi.

Does the TCC have a fixed threshold that sets the lock up or does it respond progressively to the TCC Line Pressure?
    2009 Cyber Gray C6 Coupe, A6, F55 Shocks, Z51 Brakes

Halltech Killer Bee, Comp Springs, Kooks 1.75 Long Tube Headers, Random Technologies Cats, .25" Tunnel Plate, RPM 3.42 Rear, 2600 Stall TC.