Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge Progress

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    just the basics, i've got a definition file with 417 params in it now. Hopefully i'll be posting some screenshots in the next week or so and then working on the scanner.
    Did you guys have to crack their code or was Chrysler of any help?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by waynehartwig View Post
    Did you guys have to crack their code or was Chrysler of any help?
    Are you kidding around ?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hexdummy View Post
    Are you kidding around ?
    No, why?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by waynehartwig View Post
    No, why?
    I know there's a saying, "it never hurt's to ask" but really, you are just opening a can of worm's. If I were HP Tuners, I would not touch that question, any way
    you answer it, you are just creating a liability issue. Let's just be happy that there is going to be calibration and logging support for us Chrysler guys with a kick as interface/tool .

Sorry if I sound a little annoyed, but is just seems like (and I'm not talking specifically about you) there are a lot of people posting very ignorant questions on the Dodge form. Hopefully the tone and content of this forum will change once the software is made available and we can start tuning .

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hexdummy View Post
    I know there's a saying, "it never hurt's to ask" but really, you are just opening a can of worm's. If I were HP Tuners, I would not touch that question, any way
    you answer it, you are just creating a liability issue. Let's just be happy that there is going to be calibration and logging support for us Chrysler guys with a kick as interface/tool .

Sorry if I sound a little annoyed, but is just seems like (and I'm not talking specifically about you) there are a lot of people posting very ignorant questions on the Dodge form. Hopefully the tone and content of this forum will change once the software is made available and we can start tuning .
    It wasn't a negative question. I was just curious if Chrysler supplied them with code or if they had to reverse engineer the entire thing themselves.

If they don't want to answer in open forum, then PM works. Again, just curious...

generally OEM's don't give any assistance to aftermarket manufacturers.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    Heh... picture the mad scientist in a dark basement with computers, O-scopes, multimeters, gory looking caseless ecm's with wires hanging out of them as he's hunched over one cackling and muttering to himself like a mad man. Ok, perhaps it's just my image..

At any rate, I'd imagine they're not getting much help from the manu's

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 99blackFRC View Post
    Heh... picture the mad scientist in a dark basement with computers, O-scopes, multimeters, gory looking caseless ecm's with wires hanging out of them as he's hunched over one cackling and muttering to himself like a mad man. Ok, perhaps it's just my image..

At any rate, I'd imagine they're not getting much help from the manu's
    Thats about right, I've had the pleasure of seeing Keith's office and its pretty much how you describe it, with a little less dingy basement tone
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

hahaha, i don't cackle... although i do mutter like the Rainman.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    lol

Potential Tuner
    any updates?????
    i wanna tune my chrysler now!!!!!!!
    lol

Potential Tuner
    Ttt.....

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I talked to Chris about this the other night, he said he should be doing some tuning on his car this week, he's piecing together some scanner stuff as he goes which is looking pretty promising thus far. Hopefully he'll have some screenshots late this week or early next if all goes well.

any tuning done yet??

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazin' View Post
    any tuning done yet??
    I'll leave that up to Chris to answer but theres not much bad news to be told

yeah we tuned the car last week, sorry i haven't posted any screenshots yet but we've been working really hard to get everything working to a point where i can tune normally, without having 2 different software versions and some important things with saving and viewing currently broken. A lot of time has been spent on the scanner and making it go as fast as the PCM will allow.

we have full SAE PID and around 170 Dodge PIDs added. We are working on speeding up the scanner using a faster mode and that is tested but not coded yet.

In summary we made around 20hp just leaning out the fuel a little not really trying as we were mostly just testing various tables for their basic operation and function. I had a log viewing/saving bug that meant i really couldn't mess with the spark much.

Once these newest things are fixed we'll be back at the dyno I have organized some bolt-on and also a supercharger setup that will eventually be tested.

Here's some shots on the dyno at our Aussie distributors shop (that's him on the laptop).

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    Wow!!! Can't wait till it comes out...

Advanced Tuner
    Now we're getting somewhere...This looks promising!

Tuner in Training
    We're almost there. My wife won't have too much longer to wait, and maybe I'll be able to start tuning Dodges, too.

Potential Tuner
    SWEET! Nice to see some progress!
    '04 Dodge NSRT-4 - AEM EMS - AMS37R Turbo Kit
    628 WHP 557 WTQ Uncorrected @ 4200 FT.
    Stock Bottom End...