Thread: 98 camaro, Open loop, ok 1st gear, rich mixture on 2nd and 3rd

Advanced Tuner

98 camaro, Open loop, ok 1st gear, rich mixture on 2nd and 3rd

Greetings

I am tunning a camro, right now is in open loop, no codes for trans since it got a TH350, mixture and power ok in 1st then on 2nd ans 3rd ut goes rich ( around 11s) and its hart to rev past 6200. MAF and map values are aroeund the values on 1st... do you have any sugestion , ideas, where to look for?

thanks for your help.

Advanced Tuner
    sorry, here is my tune and the log

Senior Tuner
    You do not tune WOT in 1st gear. You ALWAYS tune WOT in the gear closest to 1:1, which will be 3rd on that trans.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Advanced Tuner
    sorry, my fault... Im going to take readings only in third. but the change in MAP are some traces of valve float?

You need to reset your fuel trims, they are at -100 which is too hight. I would reuse the stock VE/MAF tables and retune again.

Advanced Tuner
    the -100 is not because the open loop?, sorry if I sound stupid

no, your tune is too rich that the pcm cannot adjust.

go to VCM controls > Fuel & spark > reset fuel trims in the scanner.

Make sure that you disable LTFT & STFT in your tune by setting the ECT value to the hightest value THEN reset your fuel trims THEN you can log.

What injectors do you have? other mods?

Start with stock tune again.

Please post your tune again. It's not opening with me.

Advanced Tuner
    its a 408, with redtops 30lbs ( the fat ones). The calibration is done using a beta version, the car is not here so I cant do a read and save it on the last stabel version.
    Thanks for your help

I see, Please do what I said to you then see what happens.

Have attached IFR table for your reference. I would buy greg banish's DVD to make sure that you know tuning basics + it has full injector data for your injectos so that you controll them better than only adjusting the IFR table which is not the only table to adjust.

You can only tune IFR table and rape your fuel tuning but it's not the right way.

Advanced Tuner
    I used grag data (sorry Greg but you know, we have to do some cavemen method because there is no dyno or time in this case)

The engine is being torn apart, 2 crank bearings and one conecting rod bearing... could this be the problem for lost power at 6000... not at all my bad tunning?

I think it's your tune. Running too rich also could hurt piston rings as fuel washes oil from them causing them wear very fast.

Advanced Tuner
    piston rings are ok... just bearings damaged