Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: The LNF and the boost controller.

Yeah, maybe more playin' with it next weekend. I've got a set of carb jet drills someplace... wish it was easier to get to though.

New DP gaskets arrive today so I'll be under there anyway...
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Im able to do it all from the top, its def a PITA tho!!

Personally I thought it was cake from the bottom, didnt even remove the intake pipe when I removed the pill last time.

I took the hose off the actuator, and then removed the torx holding the solenoid to the turbo. At that point you can easily (dont yank though) pull the hoses off the compressor housing without even compressing the clamps. Obviously you have to disconnect the wiring from the solenoid too.

I then shoved the pill inside the hose with the same torx driver

Remove the reference hose off the solenoid you just shoved the pill in, leave the clamp on it and push it back onto the turbo. Using some small vice grips I then just kept the solenoid side clamp compressed over the hose. Slide the solenoid end back on. Then just push the other hose back on the return nipple. Then just slip the actuator hose back on.

5 mins tops.

Thinking about putting a small ball valve back on my car instead of a static restrictor.

A nice instrumentation needle valve would be better. Perhaps an aquarium air valve? I don't know how it will tolerate the heat there though.

The ID of the .030 pill looks to be .040. My carb jet drills top out at .039 so the next step I have is .0625 (1/16th) Me thinks that would be too big. I might try an .035 pill and drop the DAL tables down this weekend.

.035 is what I was using, only MIG tips I had in the toolbox. It was fine unless I did a 3rd/4th stab ... which the clutch wouldnt hold anyway.

See, the scary part was my clutch was holding at 29 - 30 psi in third, sounded like everything else would come apart though.

When I first got the car I couldn't stop using NLTS, I'm sure that did wonders for my stocker clutch

I hate to even admit this, but I eventually figured out partially what I was hearing. My hot charge pipe finally broke its mount off the bracket and was bonking stuff making noise. Need to buy CP's this winter.

Im able to hold 3rd with the spike now but 4th and 5th are a clutch slipping joke lol. Looks like that will be my spring project before the drag season again

You guys are rough on clutches.

I found a 1.2 mm & 1.5 mm pill today scrounging at work. Google says these are .047 & .059 " pills. I'll try the .047 this weekend when I put the DP gasket on. I'll report later on it. If it's still too much, I'll drop the DAL's. Shooting for 23 - 24 psi.

Nice, def let us know

Wouldn't the pill work the same on the Wastegate actuator as it does from the line on the scroll of the turbo? It's easier to get to. What am I missing here?

It will not, I tried it there thinking the samething. I got a spike like I wanted but then it fluctuated up and down constantly! Nothing consistent like when you do the right line.

It can be done from the top, if you do the half on half off the tip with a spare piece of hose, it's super easy to change in and out!! On the air inlet, I snipped the rubber nub that holds the clamp in an awkward position and spun it to be easier to remove and reinstall. Made the job go quicker rnd 2! LOL!

I tried it from the top after I took the AEM inlet tube off before, my big meathooks couldn't get it back on until I crawled underneath. At least I won't waste time on the wrong line though. Thanks!

Yea, I used the same logic and tried it, didnt work. That bottom hose is SOOoooo much easier to get to LOL. Sorry

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    HOLY SH!T!!! Over 28 lbs of boostage! Seeing flows of over 30.5 lbs/min VE! Loads over 260%. Man this thing rocks and my clutch is still holding!

Make sure you have both hands firmly on the wheel. Words cannot express...

WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!

Too bad Term2 is out of town, man would he love this!

Over 255 kPa until 5800 RPM, then it starts to drop a pinch to redline. Need 3 bar sensors to log it.
    Loads over 290% on my car. This morning I did a 2nd gear punch from 30 mph and it spun and instantly hit 7K RPMs. The tires were spinning so hard they made no noise this morning. I need to torque manage second really badly now.

Its fun right

Potential Tuner
    I was spiking 26psi and leveling off to 23-24psi, but after adjusting my timing and AFR to compensate for the additional boost I really can't tell if my car is quicker now or before butt dyno wise. Sigh.

What size hole diameter is best? I can get ahold of any of number these drill sizes and tips.
    http://www.gearhob.com/eng/design/drill_eng.htm
    2008 Cobalt SSTC S1
    67 RS Camaro 406 ci 12 sec 1/4mi
    87 Pachanga22 502ci 500hp

I don't have 1/4 slips to compare, but I can tell you with the pill and a lot less timing I trapped 3.1 mph faster on the 1/8 from 3 weeks ago. Best 1/8 trap was 86.55 the other night and before was 83.51 I believe. I can only imagine how much faster it would go with some real timing in there. So one way or another the car was making more power. So, maybe 20-25hp more if you do the calculators?

Must.. cool... intake.. charge...

Must .. quit.. spending.. money
    Last edited by Gimpster; 10-01-2009 at 05:59 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone try dropping dals to adjust for the boost spike?