Thread: Cant get past 9psi??

Tuner in Training

Cant get past 9psi??

i tried to use my old tuners tune to help me start iv changed as few things but for some reason i cant seem to get past 9psi without the car shutting down? The car is a 06 GTO A4 auto 2bar sd tune current mods: procharger d1sc, 232*240* .595 .608 114+4lsa kooks long tubes,yank ss3600 stall.
    not sure if you need the mods to help but no matter what it seems to break up around 4700-5k rpm which is the same time i hit 9psi. The config isnt the one i use usually but a friend reccomended me to use it when he was trying to help with the problem none of the added histos work so i was kinda lost on what exactly he wanted to see. Thanks guys
    oh yeah my wideband wasnt hooked up on the log
    Last edited by BLOWN GOAT; 09-30-2009 at 09:26 AM.

What do you mean shutting down? Are you getting any codes? Your MAF is failed properly and the P0068, 0101, 0106 and 0121 codes are disabled so I am not sure where the problem would be off hand.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner in Training
    yes maf is failed properly iv been on a sd tune for about a year now and have run upwards of 12psi which is why im so lost what i mean by shutting down is i hit 4800-5000rpm and it acts like speed cut? there are no codes and i have little to no knock according to my log
    Last edited by BLOWN GOAT; 09-30-2009 at 09:16 AM.

Spark blow out maybe..gaps get bigger now too big. Maybe gap the plugs down.
    99 TAWS6 ERL 427 superdeck,AFR 225, LS9 cam, 1.7 yella terras, fluiddampr, fast 90/90,APS Twin turbos LG upgraded turbos,cutout.80 pound injectors, RPM 4l80e ,yank py3400, dana 60, lonnies dual pump fuel system,zex direct port,ron davis rad,ais alc injection
    interceptor guages, eboost 2.

Other toys 91 race talon turbo awd, 97 talon awd turbo, 2008 Z06

Tuner in Training
    ill try out some new plugs. Thanks any and all input will help t\

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOWN GOAT View Post
    i tried to use my old tuners tune to help me start iv changed as few things but for some reason i cant seem to get past 9psi without the car shutting down? The car is a 06 GTO A4 auto 2bar sd tune current mods: procharger d1sc, 232*240* .595 .608 114+4lsa kooks long tubes,yank ss3600 stall.
    not sure if you need the mods to help but no matter what it seems to break up around 4700-5k rpm which is the same time i hit 9psi. The config isnt the one i use usually but a friend reccomended me to use it when he was trying to help with the problem none of the added histos work so i was kinda lost on what exactly he wanted to see. Thanks guys
    oh yeah my wideband wasnt hooked up on the log
    A friend has a similar issue, its the fuel system, not enough of fuel is being delivered and there are no off the shelf upgrades.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HNK View Post
    A friend has a similar issue, its the fuel system, not enough of fuel is being delivered and there are no off the shelf upgrades.
    im guessing the guy would have an FP gauge as a basic thing since hes trying to run big boost.

its kind of easy to customize a fuel system and get ur friends car to work though. Even the corvette fuel systems would be an easy install on a GTO (lumina etc...)

An inlet restriction will do this... test it with NOTHING on the inlet of the SC and see if the problem is still there.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    An inlet restriction will do this... test it with NOTHING on the inlet of the SC and see if the problem is still there.
    the filter has been removed, the fuel system i have twin waloboro's with the kb bap along with the 60# injectors i get a fp guage and see what it looks like thanks for the input guys i just dont understand iv run 12psi before and it ran great
    Does anyone have a config. that will show me everything i need to tune? im really new to hptuners sorry guys
    Last edited by BLOWN GOAT; 10-01-2009 at 08:06 PM.

Tuner in Training
    i think i figured it out sorry guys it seems my blow off valve is leaking soon as i hit the 9psi and i get around 2 on my boost gauge which explains why it felt like it had cut off afr's were all over the place i should have logged the wb02 and i would have seen it
    Last edited by BLOWN GOAT; 10-03-2009 at 07:15 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    time for a stronger spring!