Thread: KR* help

Tuner in Training

KR* help

I am familiarizing myself with the scans, and in first gear i got 0 kr all the way through the rpms. while in second gear at 4360 rpms i started getting kr of .2, jumped to 6.8 at 4381 rpms and declined slowly through the rest of the rpms.

So what am i supposed to do, remove spark advance some till i dont see kr?

06 monte carlo ss 5.3L LS4
    hogan down pipe
    flow master mufflers with res delete
    k&n drop in with tb spacer

trying to learn as i go with the tuning, all ive done to the pcm is multiply the entire spark advance table by 1.02

Advanced Tuner
    Well, im sure youll get better responses, but multiplying the entire HO table like that isnt the right way to do it, ALTHOUGH the increase is minimal, possible from 0.5 to 1.5 degrees max.

Look at the histogram instead of table display to see how many degrees of KR you're seeing and in what RPM vs Cyl Airmass you're getting that, reduce those individual cells by 2 degrees and see if that helps.

Tuner in Training
    ok, ill look at that later, thanks for the quick and helpful response

Tuner in Training
    so i switch my histogram to knock retard, then the red cells i look and change those specific cells in editor

Tuner
    What is your AFR in those cells which have KR?

Have you done a MAF tune?
    Scott in San Diego with a L-67 Super Stalker.
    Mods in the next month or so, yeah its a moving target!
    Gen 5 blower, N* throttle body, LQ4 MAF,3.4 pulley for starters.

Tuner in Training
    i havent done any tuning to the maf, what do you guys do there? and i dont have a wideband.

Tuner in Training
    Knock can be caused by several different reasons. You may need more fuel or more cylinder air instead of less timing. Make sure you check all your bases before pulling timing out as a default.

take a look at your logs.. you might be at different loads during first and 2nd leading to different spark commanded and airflow (G/Cyl)... figure out if your landing in the same values, then adjust according..

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Tuner in Training
    Just a tid bit from a mechanical stand point...the LS4 was designed and manufactured with external knock sensors...They are outside the V. So makes them very, very sensitive...not saying your not getting knock...but with not alot done to the car motor wise but exhaust mods...its a very high possibility, especially in the 6.0 range...try to lower the sensitiviy rate just a bit....will help to determine TRUE knock from vibration knock..

Tuner in Training
    I have an 08 GXP with the hogan dp with the racepipe and no cat...had same issue show its face through my NA, N2O and FI tune....we turned down the sensitivity and it broadened up our tables for us...just a thought...i will still get like 6* KR suddenly not even asking for power at all in the low RPM range in the bottom end of a gear where its really drowned out with exhaust and vibration and it slowly just disappears...so..just a thought...