Thread: Tuning school or gregs dvd?

Advanced Tuner

Tuning school or gregs dvd?

I am thinking about the tuning school learn at home basic and advanced package. I was wondering if anybody has done both the dvd from Greg and the basic learn @ home. If so do you think the extra cost of the tuning school worth it? I spoke to Bob yesterday and he seemes very willing to help with any questions and it sounds like you are getting more product for your money. I am sure either of these are great products. Just trying to be sure I am getting the most for my money.

Advanced Tuner
    The people at The Tuning School are very good to work with. If you're concerned....get them both.
    2016 GMC Sierra 1500 6.2L

depends on how you learn

I liked going to the school and learned more that way.

The process IS spelled out in the book and that's what I found most helpful

No offense to Greg's advanced book, but I read it a couple times when I first got HPT and it was very detailed, but to complicated for me because it did not explain HP Tuners to me.

Senior Tuner
    greg's new book is great. i wish i had it 4yrs ago tho :/

Senior Tuner
    Greg's new one is about fueling is it not? Does he have one that is more HP directed now too?

... and if you have Greg's Tuning book, the GM section is very HP based, wink, wink
    Last edited by MMGT1; 10-13-2009 at 09:37 AM.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Senior Tuner
    technically it's about fueling, but he's got a whole chapter in there deriving the airmass model in SD, and all kinds of other bits and pieces, because they really go together, conceptually.
    most of his examples are HPT, and he breezes through EFI equivalents.

Senior Tuner
    Well, well, guess I know what literature I'm getting for Christmas this year(smiles) When I got the e-mail from the publisher, and saw the name of it, I guess I should have come in here and found out a bit more about what was actually in there. Thanks for the scoop bud.
    I am actually working in MAP/ECU2 right now tuning a Stealth. No one that we know of has boosted a base 3L that we can find. I bet his book would have helped a couple of nights ago!
    Last edited by MMGT1; 10-13-2009 at 09:53 AM.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Phil'sC5Vette View Post

No offense to Greg's advanced book, but I read it a couple times when I first got HPT and it was very detailed, but to complicated for me because it did not explain HP Tuners to me.
    X2. it seems like the book tells you things, instead of teaches. there is obviously some great info in the book but it goes into somuch all at once. useing it as a weight to keep papers from blowing away at the moment.
    2000 Camaro Z28- stock motor. P/S LT's, TSP TD bullet style mufflers,de screen maf, LID and K&N filter. 2.73's
    180,000 miles and going strong!!

2004 Silverado 2500HD- stock 6.0, drop in K&N filter, 285-75/16 sport king A/T's.

Advanced Tuner
    Get them both
    you can never have to much studying material.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for all the feedback! I decided and ordered tuning school at home package this afternoon. Still feeling a little sick about how much I have invested in tuning so far! I couldn't believe I spent 650 on hpt pro and then 100 on the massport and advanced management books, then ngk afx for another 250. Now another 850 for the tuning school! I just hope this gives me the confidence that I am tuning the correct way.

We are glad to have you onboard! If you have questions while you are working on your tuning, give us a call as you get 2 years of tech support! (1 year for the beginners, and 1 for the advanced).

Bob

www.thetuningschool.com 727-264-8875

Written specifically for HP Tuners and your LS based vehicle.

Learn at home, or at one of our live seminars!

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Bob! It was good to talk to you the other day and I look forward to working with you and your learn @ home program. -Doug