Thread: What am i doing wrong with the A/F % error tuning. also stupid rich idle

What am i doing wrong with the A/F % error tuning. also stupid rich idle

I got a decent base tune on my car and wanted to start dialing in part throttle. i have read the document on speed density a/f tuning in the help section as well as a couple other sources and i understand the concept but i must be doing something wrong

all my air fuel % errors range from positive 3-4% to negative 25%. and when i copy and paste them over to the ve table and do another log that pretty much stay the exact same, nothing really changes drastically. i notice very minor changes if any.

also i cant seem to get my idle above 11.6. this is done through VE tuning as well is it not.

i know these questions are elementary but im really trying to learn this stuff

thanks for your patience
    Last edited by Tally TransAm; 10-19-2009 at 06:46 PM.
    1999 TransAm: Stock shortblock, LS6 cam, 317 heads, 60# injectors, TC76 front mount

Quote Originally Posted by Tally TransAm View Post
    also i cant seem to get my idle above 11.6. this is done through VE tuning as well is it not.
    Check the minimum injector pulse. There is probably a way to calculate the correct numbers. Fuel control>General>Min.Injector Pulse. I have mine set to 0.699 in all cells. Due to switching from stock injectors to some that flow around 52lb/hr.
    2000 Red TA WS6 M6 in England, UK
    Patriot Stg.II Heads & 226/226-112 0.585/0.585 Cam. Corsa Cat back, F.A.S.T LSX Intake / F.A.S.T Fuel rails, Dynatech LT's/Y, Wisper Lid, ported MAF, 52lb/hr. 160 stat. !AIR, !EGR. Walbro 255, SPEC Stage II.
    HPTuners 1BAR SD Tune. Wide Band AFR.
    389RWHP/380RWTQ ([477HP/460TQ]Flywheel) Dyno Dynamics

Photos at:- http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/ca...00trans-am.asp