Thread: Need more LSJ Options for HPT

Tuner in Training

Need more LSJ Options for HPT

Speed Density, 3 Bar.... It would be awsome if i could acutally use the turbocharger tab and utilize the stock Solenoid to regulate my wastegate. Any ideas......?
    2004 ION Redline "Just a few bolt ons"

Some engine mods (stock internals) , Some suspension mods, a few electronics. Put it all together and you have
    385.9 HP and 332.9 FPT

http://photobucket.com/scottflorschuetz

I just converted to 3bar full resolution fueling using the stock LSJ OS. Not that hard really. You people gotta be less whiny and more innovative lol. That's what keeps this market going. And you can make the stock solenoid regulate your wastegate. Set your boost controller to higher than you would ever want to make and let your first and second-fifth boost in gear tables do the rest!
    RSG Offroad
    Jeeps. Jeeps. And more Jeeps. Oh and Jeeps too.

click
    2001 Z06
    JCR fabbed Twin Turbo

Potential Tuner
    subd

Tuner in Training
    don't blink would you care to shed a little more light onto how you were able to switch to a 3bar sd system on the stock ecu.

Pretty simple actually. The stock VE table is hard coded to 215kPa. So rather than trying to work around that, I am working within that. I put a 3bar MAP in so that I could actually read boost higher than the 22.XXpsi that the stock one will. I then told the PCM that 5V from the MAP sensor was 215kPa, rather than 300 like a 3bar should be. I had to modify the offset tables and IFR table. I had to completely rebuild the timing table, based on the cal cyl airmass reading lower. And I basically had to make a VE table from 100% scratch. While I did lose a little resolution doing this, especially since I only hit about 26-27 psi, not the full 29, the VE table has more than enough cells to keep it smooth, covering every like 12kPa and clear to 6800rpm if I recall.
    RSG Offroad

thats pretty impressive
    2001 Z06
    JCR fabbed Twin Turbo

Tuner in Training
    very good information don't blink thank you. Would you say this method is worth it over strictly maf tuning the lsj for simplicity sake even for tvs users like yourself and turbo converts.

Umm...definitely not simplicity sake lol. It is MUCH more involved and definitely not for the novice tuner. I would prefer this method though as it is much more precise than MAF tuning.
    RSG Offroad

Tuner in Training
    very good information here. I also saw your write up on the css.net forums. I have tuned sd systems with ems's so I believe taking one's time and a little experience this could be done by anyone.

Yeah I would love to slap an EMS in there. But then instead of JUST a $60 sensor, it would be a $1300 computer lol. I don't need that...yet.
    RSG Offroad

care to elaborate on using the stock solenoid as a boost controoler?