Thread: Throttle response

Tuner in Training

Throttle response

I was wondering where to start to make the throttle response better on a drive by wire system like mine.

LS4 Monte Carlo SS

the throttle body is unported, but i would like to port it and am wanting to be able to fix any issues

max out your tip in torque...

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Senior Tuner
    Increase the first four cells in the Engine > Airflow > Cylinder Charge Temperature > Filter table. (do not touch the bias table).

Increase the cells to the next higher cells value then smooth the curve to the 5th cells value.

Advanced Tuner
    has anyone else had luck with this.. maxing out the the first 4 cells on the filter table? Does this also work with gen 3's?

i've never seen that done either??

Advanced Tuner
    Yes be interesting to see the theory behind that one. Considering the table sets the rate of change for the charge temp model from ECT towards IAT as the car moves/goes faster and the incoming air takes more heat out of the intake etc. Certainly telling the ECM that intake air is cooler (more dense) will probably cause a richer mixture in open loop. Maybe it contributes to transient fueling as well.

My sts-v table is already maxed out so i can't give that a try. i think my tip in torque is disabled too if i'm not mistaken.

what are some other ways people are achieving throttle response with fuel settings?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BMBSALES View Post
    My sts-v table is already maxed out so i can't give that a try. i think my tip in torque is disabled too if i'm not mistaken.

what are some other ways people are achieving throttle response with fuel settings?
    Transients. Stomp compensation base gain against intake valve temp.

Quote Originally Posted by LSX378 View Post
    Transients. Stomp compensation base gain against intake valve temp.
    pretty sure the v has this entire table zero'd out

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BMBSALES View Post
    pretty sure the v has this entire table zero'd out
    Yes many do. Take a look at some G8 tunes. They normally have this table populated. Have had good feedback on richening this up on M6 cars.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ns158sl View Post
    has anyone else had luck with this.. maxing out the the first 4 cells on the filter table? Does this also work with gen 3's?
    I have seen going too high on the 4 cells has the opposite effect of what you want. Just a little goes a long way, kind of have to take it easy on the numbers and tweak it by SOTP feel.

Tuner in Training
    so my question is what tables i need to look at and make changes to?

Tuner in Training
    Also is there a way to get my tps at 100 percent or is 88 as wide open as we can go

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 92_Corvette View Post
    Also is there a way to get my tps at 100 percent or is 88 as wide open as we can go
    88% ETC TPS is 100% actual throttle blade position. It is 88% of the full scale voltage 5V of the position sensor. There is another PID which will read 100% for WOT. Just cant remember it right now there are so many .

Tuner in Training
    Is there a way to turn off traction control a stability. That's in the bcm I'd imagine