Thread: methid for fixing slow BE response???

Advanced Tuner

methid for fixing slow BE response???

i have a 2004 vy gen3 holden commodore with a 411 pcm and 512kb 28f400 flash chip. my os suffers from the slow reacting 2bar BE table and support say there wont be a fix as there isnt enough room in the flash chip

if i swap out my flash chip to a 1mb 28f800 is there another os i can load that will fix the problem?
    04 VY Commodore ute M6 ls1, 918 valve springs, TR6 plugs, genttrbb twin turbo kit, 60lb seimiens injectors, Bosh 044 fuel pump, SX fuel reg, PLX wideband,Full Castle Hill Exhaust with 2 1/2in dump pipes, 4in cats into twin 3in cat back (no merge), Ripshift, oz700 clutch and 3.73 diff gears

it is like this for all due to the timing loop the routine is in.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    is it not possible to move it into the main routine?

with my limited knowledge of efilive, they seem to have more tables is there COS (iat compensation, nitros control, every ve cell can commanded its own afr) compared to hpt cos which only really offers a longer VE table (and rtt)
    ive been told before its a lack of available memory in the pcm but how could this be when efi has more "custom" tables and still has enough memory to have proper boost fueling?

im not trying to start a shit fight but if efilive doesnt have the problem how come hptuners does?
    sorry if it sound like im whinging but the slow reacting BE table is a MAJOR problem to me

cheers
    04 VY Commodore ute M6 ls1, 918 valve springs, TR6 plugs, genttrbb twin turbo kit, 60lb seimiens injectors, Bosh 044 fuel pump, SX fuel reg, PLX wideband,Full Castle Hill Exhaust with 2 1/2in dump pipes, 4in cats into twin 3in cat back (no merge), Ripshift, oz700 clutch and 3.73 diff gears

It's only ever been an issue on twin turbo cars for me. Just setup the higher fueling you need in PE. If you are making enough boost for this to be an issue, running leaner down low wouldn't gain you much any way. I have a handful of TTi X kit C5's in the 9s and their fueling is basically commanded out of PE as BE can be slow as you noted.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

i blend my PE afr into my BE afr that way im already going rich as the BE table comes into effect, realistically you dont need a whole lot more fuel for 2-3psi than the non boosted topend fuel requirements anyway so theres no real need to go from 12.7-11.8 in 1 step.
    Give it a go yourself first, if it doesnt work out then pay someone.

Send your file to support and I'll have a look. It's been discussed before but BE was never meant to be the primary enrichment, it was only ever designed and tested as a safety feature. It has nothing to do with space in the flash or anything like that. Efi did theirs after ours and of course added a few different features to differentiate their offering from ours. Ross and I know that almost anything can be done and doing it once might take a couple of months. If you make things really complex it becomes a huge effort to replicate this support the large amount of operating systems out there. Send me your file if it's 12225074 then we can try some things.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    Send your file to support and I'll have a look. It's been discussed before but BE was never meant to be the primary enrichment, it was only ever designed and tested as a safety feature. It has nothing to do with space in the flash or anything like that. Efi did theirs after ours and of course added a few different features to differentiate their offering from ours. Ross and I know that almost anything can be done and doing it once might take a couple of months. If you make things really complex it becomes a huge effort to replicate this support the large amount of operating systems out there. Send me your file if it's 12225074 then we can try some things.
    thanks chris email sent

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by sikhabib View Post
    thanks chris email sent
    I have yet to receive this email
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"