Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need assistance: Tune/KR problem?

Just got the interface back and loaded the tune. hmmm still have knock with 11* of timing and the 60-100 was right at 7 sec.

Would you tell me also what boost you read on your scanner? I'm now reading 24-26lbs.

Thanks.

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Advanced Tuner
    The tune will knock at first, Give it some miles then log again.

The new tune that I will be trying out a little later today.

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffH View Post
    The new tune that I will be trying out a little later today.
    Stock timing I see. You should have not knock but somehow you need to get it to where you can run 3-4* on top of stock and still run 0.88 lambda without knocking. My car is seeing even more pressure than yours and I am running 3-4* over stock and 0.88 lambda with no knock.

I had problems like hell tonight and then finally added some of the stage tune tables to my tune. Finally no KR, But hell, only running 11* of timing. So I will have to go up a little from there to see how she acts But still doing the 60mph roll on test in 7 seconds

Here is the tune and the scan.
    Last edited by GeoffH; 12-22-2009 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Wrong Tune

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffH View Post
    I had problems like hell tonight and then finally added some of the stage tune tables to my tune. Finally no KR, But hell, only running 11* of timing. So I will have to go up a little from there to see how she acts But still doing the 60mph roll on test in 7 seconds

Here is the tune and the scan.
    I thought you were on the stage tune to begin with before? You need to take 3% off of the 200% load cells of your MAF calibration from 4500 to 6300 rpms. Try adding 1* of timing to the 140% load and up columns of your spark tables starting from 3000 rpms. Keep advancing it that way until it knocks then back off 1-2* and you will be in good shape. You can try adding 5% to your max airload torque table from 2500-5150 rpms and see if it will take it without surging. You can also increase your desired airloads in the 100% load column 10-20% and see if it helps. If it were me I would not command the PE table to anythng but 1.00 lambda until 100% load and I would turn the DALs down back closer to stock in the lower than 90% columns. That will help keep knock away and help the driveability.
    Last edited by Terminator2; 12-23-2009 at 11:58 AM.

I did a pull tonight with the wife, and kid in the car, and it was 7 sec and 12* of timing and no KR with a different tune. So with just me it. It may be a little lower.
    Last edited by GeoffH; 12-23-2009 at 08:22 PM.

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

I basically have the Stage tune except for all the sensors that come with the kit. I added a lot of the tables from the Stage kit. I guess all the sensors have a lot to do with the added HP. If you compare the stock tune to the Gm tune they are very close.

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Advanced Tuner
    If you dont have the stage tune, Dont try that 5.8 kpa to psi adjustment because you dont have the stage kit. There are too many things locked still to be trying to use tables from the stage kit, you dont have the 3bar maps so you cant read over 22.5 psi...

What do you mean, I can't read over 22.5 PSI? I'm reading the boost fine.

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Advanced Tuner
    Wrong, Stock map sensors can only goto 22.5psi, or 255kpa. The stage ones are 3bar, or 300kpa which iirc is roughly 29psi. Without that, your car cannot see/read any higher boost than the stock map. If you change the kpa to psi conversion from 6.xxxxx to 5.xxx you will just be logging the wrong amount of boost. It will still be correct in kpa, but the psi will be wrong. Unless you have the stage sensors and tune, you will not beable to see over 255kpa.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
    Wrong, Stock map sensors can only goto 22.5psi, or 255kpa. The stage ones are 3bar, or 300kpa which iirc is roughly 29psi. Without that, your car cannot see/read any higher boost than the stock map. If you change the kpa to psi conversion from 6.xxxxx to 5.xxx you will just be logging the wrong amount of boost. It will still be correct in kpa, but the psi will be wrong. Unless you have the stage sensors and tune, you will not beable to see over 255kpa.
    The scanner will not read over 255 kPa IIRC no matter what.

That's what I was thinking.

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Advanced Tuner
    But the stage sensors are 300kpa, doesnt vcm just read 255kpa at an actual 300kpa? I know the scanner only reads out 255kpa max.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
    But the stage sensors are 300kpa, doesnt vcm just read 255kpa at an actual 300kpa? I know the scanner only reads out 255kpa max.
    Yes. The voltage is the same but kPa's vs voltage output is different so yes 300 kPa now equals 5 volts not 255 kPa equals 5 volts. The scanner will not read above 255 kPa though because it still thinks 255 kPa is 5V.