Thread: map sensor

map sensor

I have a magnacharger on an '03 Silverado SS but I'm still running the stock 1 bar map...I am seeing knock from a standing launch, could the fact that I'm still running a 1 bar be causing this knock? Should I invest in the 2 bar? I have a part number from Checker/O'Reiley Auto for the BWD P/N EC1794. This number cross referenced to the 12580698 number but I have read that the EC P/N is a 2.5 bar. Will this affect anything if it is? Any advice would be great. Thanks

2003 Silverado SS - Mods: Polished Radix S/C, MSD Super Conductor 8.5 Wires, Airaid box w/ K&N Cone Filter, Flowmaster 50 Series Mufflers, Helwig Rear Anti Sway Bar, 2/2 Belltech Drop and a Shopman SS Bowtie.
    2017 SS Sedan- Still stock, but not for long
    1956 Chevy 210 Wagon (Re-Restoring)

Nobody knows?

2003 Silverado SS - Mods: Polished Radix S/C, MSD Super Conductor 8.5 Wires, Airaid box w/ K&N Cone Filter, Flowmaster 50 Series Mufflers, Helwig Rear Anti Sway Bar, 2/2 Belltech Drop and a Shopman SS Bowtie.

Advanced Tuner
    the map sensor is not causing the problem.it's timing and /or fueling.if you do change the sensor,you'll have to buy the 2bar os to use it.

Not timing or fueling...or at least it shouldn't be...stock radix tune installed...only tweaks were to the shift points...alot of know retartd problem when I installed my Yank 3000 stall though. In fact... I lost .7 of a second in the quarter after installing it.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Loosing nearly a second after installing a tq converter points to either a combination mismatch or mechanical issue of some sort to me at least.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    still have the stock pulley on the radix ?

Yes, stock 3.1 pulley

Quote Originally Posted by miker2 View Post
    the map sensor is not causing the problem.it's timing and /or fueling.if you do change the sensor,you'll have to buy the 2bar os to use it.
    Why do you say that? Unless I still have a brain cloud, I would expect if he has a 1 bar tune and 2 or 2.5 bar sensor, he will be operating in a different part of the spark maps than he would with a 1 bar sensor. The part of the timing map with higher timing than he should have. He'll be at half or less output voltage on the MAP for any given vacuum or pressure level. You're right about it being timing or fueling.

OP, you can confirm this with a simple log of all of the basics including your MAP sensor, TPS and actual timing.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Advanced Tuner
    right now,he has a 1 bar tune with a 1 bar sensor. we need to see a log and the tune to really see what's happening.if he changed to a 2 bar sensor without changing the os ,he would then have the problem you are refering to.

Quote Originally Posted by miker2 View Post
    right now,he has a 1 bar tune with a 1 bar sensor. we need to see a log and the tune to really see what's happening.if he changed to a 2 bar sensor without changing the os ,he would then have the problem you are refering to.
    Agreed bud.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by blownbluez06 View Post
    Why do you say that? Unless I still have a brain cloud, I would expect if he has a 1 bar tune and 2 or 2.5 bar sensor, he will be operating in a different part of the spark maps than he would with a 1 bar sensor. The part of the timing map with higher timing than he should have. He'll be at half or less output voltage on the MAP for any given vacuum or pressure level. You're right about it being timing or fueling.

OP, you can confirm this with a simple log of all of the basics including your MAP sensor, TPS and actual timing.
    LS1 spark tables are not map based fyi.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"