Thread: Streetability

Streetability

i was talking with the Mechanic at work (who's a gearhead), and i made mention that i'd like to get my Camaro on a Dyno'd.

he told me that would make my Camaro un-street-friendly and prolly not driver friendly for my wife...........?

i have Kooks headers, Corsa Sport and a Roto-Fab CAI. why would a dyno tune make it nondriver friendly?
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content until he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

a Dyno is a tool used to help tune...the only thing that will make it "no-street-friendly" is if he tunes it's for the wrong use of the vehicle.

Tuning it for the street, it will still make very good smooth power and economy if done right.
    2006 HSV Dealer Team - Club Sport - Daily Driver
    Custom suspension, Custom dual stainless 3" exhaust, 1 7/8 custom ceramic headers, LS3 416ci, 2.3 Lt SC 13psi, Triple Carbon Extreme clutch, Dual Walbro externals, 80lb inj

Advanced Tuner
    what does this mechanic have for a car ?

whatever it is he must be afraid yours will be faster if it gets optimized on a dyno.

your car hasnt been tuneable for very long - I think you still need the beta to tune it .

my reason for bringing this up is finding a dynoshop that has tuned newest generation Camaro's is going to be important to getting positive results , you may want to find someone on here that is in your general area that tunes them
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Quote Originally Posted by murphinator View Post
    what does this mechanic have for a car ?

whatever it is he must be afraid yours will be faster if it gets optimized on a dyno.

your car hasnt been tuneable for very long - I think you still need the beta to tune it .

my reason for bringing this up is finding a dynoshop that has tuned newest generation Camaro's is going to be important to getting positive results , you may want to find someone on here that is in your general area that tunes them
    our mechanic has a Grand National pushing about 700hp.

the closest tuner is Modern Muscle in Oswego, IL. i plan to go there when the weather breaks. they do a lot of LS tunes and the new Camaro also. i spoke to them about tuning equipment and they recomended HPTuners.
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content until he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Down View Post
    if your close to stl there is a few of us on here that could help you out with a good tune.
    appreciate the offer but ur about 8hrs away i believe. i wish there were a shop closer to me than the Chicago area even.