Thread: power enrichment mode and ltft

power enrichment mode and ltft

i am new and trying to figure a few things out. my wideband is broken and i can't buy another one for awhile. my car is a cam and spray 2000 ss. the car does not have a sd tune. the only way i know of to monitor my a/f is via the ltft and stft with hp scanner. the car is not running right and is up to 10plus percent off at times during regular driving. but during wide open throttle it goes to 0. the car does not seem to be running as smooth as it was, i have made a few changes since its dyno tune. i was reading in vcm suite help and it stated at wide open throttle the ve/ltft will not read if power enrichment mode comes on. is this my problem of why i cant get a idea of my a/f at wot? i know you cant really tune a car using this method but for awhile it will have to work. any help would be great, thanks.

You can't do WOT with risking the engine without the WB. What have you done since the last tune? What does "not running right" mean? Explain, maybe you have mechanical issues and not tuning issues.
    Free HP Tuners Beginners Tuning Guide

LS1 Tuning Guide
    Michigan Snowmobiler

1969 Firebird: 11.67@114 [email protected] 1/8 1.70 60 ft. EPS cam 234/246 .602.606 114+3, 6.0 LQ4, L92 heads milled 10.5:1, Ported L76 intake, ported 90mm Holley TB, 100mm MAF, FIC Custom injectors, Hooker LT, PYPES dual exhaust with an X pipe, 4L65e with all of the good parts inside, FTI 4000 RPM Stall, 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. HP Tuner tuned by me

the car runs ok i have just changed from 26.6lb injectors to 28.8lb and changed to a ls6 intake. it doesn't seem to be mechanical it just doesn't seem to pull smooth through the higher rpm like it did, like the a/f is a little off. i have drove the car a few times since the changes but i am also having problem with injector duty cycle (over 100 percent) i have talked to some tuners that said it should be close to 100 but not over 100 with my mods. so i am trying to figure out a few things before spring.

the only change to the tune i have made is i decreased the power enrichment by 5% for the injectors.

? why not just update the injector tables for the new injectors?
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

i also did that but it seemed to be running rich. i just did what the guy that tuned my car said to do so to be honest idk.

Tuner in Training
    i think 28.8 are LS6 c5Z06 injectors. Someone correct me if im wrong
    2001 Z06 - Forged 347ci LS6, 10.8:1 SCR, TSP 233/239 113LSA, Centerforce DF 12" clutch, Rear end Brace, LPE Hardened output shaft, LPE Launch Control, Ported 243's, B&B bullets, Kooks 1 7/8 Lts, NA 446 Rwhp/406 RWTQ, Nitrous Outlet Plate Kit 725/685wtq

2006 BOM GTO M6 - Lingenfelter Maggie 112H Package, Pedder Big Bore Kit, Rear Insert, Monster Stage 3 Clutch, SLP LMII, Kooks LTs, AIS Meth Kit, 230/236 Blower Cam, 9 PSI Etc.......... 540Rwhp/542Rwtq

sorry i am a newb how do i post my tune?

and the injectors are out of a 2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Down View Post
    click quote my post and scroll down to manage attatchments. or you can click go advanced vs. clicking post a reply.

Attachment 22257

all i see is a bunch of numbers with no format what am i doing wrong?
    sorry and thanks for the help.

it said invalid input file. sorry i must be doing something wrong

well the short pulse adder worked.

oh ok. so what all is done to you car?

ok so what your saying is i need to change both of these so the ecm will know the size of my injectors? so i needed to change more than just injector flow rate vs. KPA. i am really wanting to learn more about tuning so let me know if i start bothering you.

awesome thanks man!!!

Tuner in Training
    dustin?

Quote Originally Posted by Fury_786 View Post
    dustin?
    yes sir lol