Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking your pill mod to the next level!

I still run a .035. I just really enjoy how I have the car tuned to my tastes. I mean I enjoy the feel of it and having it how you like it is important. If someday we ever have full bcs control I'll have the feel I want without it.

IMO one key to longevity is not using 30 weight oil. Not at the power and heat levels we're running anyway. Running m1 tdt 5w-40 right now and will have analysis results in the spring. I didn't do an analysis on my last 5w-30 drain but after 1500 (hard) miles it seemed really beat. Like almost how it looked coming out of my Volvo after 4-5k. All the used oil analysis reports I see in even non-turbo GDI cars show they are really hard on oil.

Advanced Tuner
    Hmmm so no worries about ringland failures? What kind of lambda's are you running with the pill mod?
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

Nobody said they aren't worried, we just like going fast

.88 lambda on my car.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm not worried. I am comfortable with the 'Pay to play' moniker.

I don't need no stankin pill though, lol. Tial 38mm wastegate ftw.

If it breaks it breaks. Good excuse to put better stuff in there and also rebuild it with clearances more suited to high power goals.

Been there and done that a few times in my life, its all good.

Advanced Tuner
    Oops... Lol. I'm going to build the spare block we have around the shop as I get the money to. Looking at making a WERKS 2.3 stroker, with all forged internals, Darton or bates sleeves... should do ok then.

Now, I just can't blow on stock internals this year, lol. But, thinking about it... ZZP was pushing 530 on a mustang Dyno... thats almost 600 on a dynojet. I'm looking for a ballpark of 500 on a mustang, but will likely be around 480 or so... I think my internals will hold up alright.

We'll see.

I'd love to build up another shortblock when I have time this summer. I'll keep my eyes out for good engine deals.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, IDK... my balt might just go up for sale. Balancing it, and school payments is getting interesting.

just curious here..... I see how the scalling of the timing tables helps us get some more control over the high load areas timing... But curious as to why there is no talk of scalling the maf tables too? the MAF Calibration table is load based and caps at 200 from factory.... would it not also benefit us to have some more control over the fueling in the 200+ load areas? Just seems to make some sense to me.... But is there something that keeps us from scalling that table that i might be overlooking?

oh yeah... and just curious if there is something i overlooked... I turned off all overboost controls and the cel's to prevent limp mode.... but i still find that i am thrown into a semi-limp mode if i stay in the upper 20psi range for too long... After a hard pull, i will get off it... and then next time i step on it i will only get like 10-15 psi... no matter how hard i try... not the usual 0-4psi of full limp mode... if i shut car off, and turn it back on... i have full boost again. dont need to clear codes or anything like full limp mode... So what is causing this? and how can i prevent it? and anyone else seeing this sort of thing?

Torque management inj/cyl table all zero's? EGT torque 100%?

I think some have tried to change the timing ranges. I never did.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    Torque management inj/cyl table all zero's? EGT torque 100%?

I think some have tried to change the timing ranges. I never did.
    No, i still have my Torque management inj disable stock... should i Zero it out? I didnt know what all used this table, and didnt want to disable traction or stability control if they used these numbers... Also, why is it a never get a blip on my traction control PID's not even when my ESC or ETC detects wheel spin... is there another PID i should use to monitor that in the scanner? (be nice to see where i am loosing traction in a log)

And EGT torque limit is moved up, but not 100%... But i have never seen my EGT's get very hot at all. Usually only get above normal range if i get a patch of knock retard.

Which reminds me... is there anywhere in hpt that sets what the EGT overtemp limit is?? Or does anyone know at what point the cat-overtemp kicks in? I dont have a cat anymore.. but would be nice to be able to move it up to protect from extreme egt's but not worry about the cat...

1. Tq Mgmt inj disable - all zero's.
    2. EGT tq limit to 100%
    3. EGT Lambda enrich kicks in around 1800* calculated IIRC. No place to move it up that I know of. Set your table to your WOT lambda or disable it by setting it to all 1's. I used to hit COT protection in 3rd/4th gear pulls until I disabled it and went catless but I'm boosting 24 psi under load.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel