Thread: Stage Kit Questions

Stage Kit Questions

So, about to snag up some sensors, little curious if I got this whole thing right.

1) Wire up 2 map sensors, yank old ones, slap in new ones
    2) Snag the 07 Solstice Stage Tune off the tune repository
    3) Waste 2 credits to authorize the file
    4) Flash new file
    5) Delicious cake

Now, my questions are, will the map pid read over 255 in hpt and will the DIC gauge show over 23 psi with the new flash? Anything exciting tuning wise come with the upgrade?

Thanks in advance ^_^

bump... i would like to know the same things....

Advanced Tuner
    hpts logging is capped at 255kpa even with the stage sensors, also idk how the dic ison a solstice but the rpd in the css and hhrss will read pretty accurately up to 25-26 psi byt tells me. his rpd pretty much matches his ebc's reading with a 3 bar map. otherwise yes the steps seem correct. have you ever tried the pill mod to see if the dic reads the extra boost?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
    have you ever tried the pill mod to see if the dic reads the extra boost?
    Tightened the wastegate bolt down a few notches a while back and spiked 26 on my meth controller boost gauge, while the dic gauge pegged maxed at 23 I think. Putting the map's in this week sometime, hoping it's gonna be worth it.

Couldn't you just get the tune of the repository list and then copy and paste all the setting off the stage tune to an existing tune to have the stage tune with the sensors?

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Advanced Tuner
    No because hptuners doesn't see all of the changes that gm made to the stage tune.

damn, well that suck! so the only way to get it is to buy the stage kit from GM?

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by shabby View Post
    No because hptuners doesn't see all of the changes that gm made to the stage tune.
    ok but now what if you had the stage 1 kit on one car... and you used HPT to do a read entire... and then you licensed the stage 1 car... could you then upload the entire stage tune onto another licensed car? Would this copy over everything, including the parts you "cant see"?

Granted you would need to get the sensors to make use of the stage tune... or do A LOT of un-scaling...

and 3 more questions....

1. if you had unlimited "model year" for say an 09 cobalt SS.... would this allow you to copy and paste tunes between any number of 09's? so say me and my wife owned 09 SS's and i got the stage for my car... could i just buy the sensors and copy paste the stage onto my wifes car? and then say i had a friend with an 09 ss with no stage kit... but with a nice hpt tune... could i then copy that tune and load it onto his buddys car which is also an 09? Like does the unlimited model year allow "unlimited" tune sharing/swapping within that model/year?

2. Does anyone have any clue what sort of quarter mile times people are getting with the SS turbo Stage kit? i hear plenty of dyno figures, but no where can i find an expected track time for the stage kit.

3. Does the Stage flash do anything at all to "tune"... like say you have a cold air intake on your SS turbo... and no tune.. so your probably a bit off tune... if you go get the stage upgrade... you will likely still be off tune after that... so technically you would want/need to be tuned on top of the stage kit, just to dial in any mods and get back on tune. right?

Advanced Tuner
    if u have unlimited license for the year if I read it right you could do all that. I have my hhr licensed and my friends staged cobalt also, I can do a write entire of his tune to my car wthout needing more licenses. I would personally not buy the stage kit from gm cheaper to buy 2 credits and the sensors and connectors than it is for the stage kit itself. I have been debating on getting rid of my stage sensors just because im out of creds and am not sure about writing the cobalt tune to my hhr. someone has ran 13.2s with the stage kit and bolt ons with a 2.0 60'. the stage kit is just like having a stock tune but more psi basically.

I have the 09 cobalt stage tune from my buddies car also. so, yes to 1 and 3. also if you have unlimited for the model and year you could stage anyones car or tune anyones car that's a 09 css as long as you put the sensors on the car. please ask if you have more questions. I would like to try and find someone to change the vin on the hhr stage tune to my vin so I don't need to get more creds to put the proper 09 hhr ss 5spd stage tune on my car but I don't see that happening. maybe if I had a cobalt lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
    if u have unlimited license for the year if I read it right you could do all that. I have my hhr licensed and my friends staged cobalt also, I can do a write entire of his tune to my car wthout needing more licenses. I would personally not buy the stage kit from gm cheaper to buy 2 credits and the sensors and connectors than it is for the stage kit itself. I have been debating on getting rid of my stage sensors just because im out of creds and am not sure about writing the cobalt tune to my hhr. someone has ran 13.2s with the stage kit and bolt ons with a 2.0 60'. the stage kit is just like having a stock tune but more psi basically.

I have the 09 cobalt stage tune from my buddies car also. so, yes to 1 and 3. also if you have unlimited for the model and year you could stage anyones car or tune anyones car that's a 09 css as long as you put the sensors on the car. please ask if you have more questions. I would like to try and find someone to change the vin on the hhr stage tune to my vin so I don't need to get more creds to put the proper 09 hhr ss 5spd stage tune on my car but I don't see that happening. maybe if I had a cobalt lol.
    check your PM's...

but thank you for the info.... that helps alot....
    what year was your buddy's cobalt? did he buy the full stage kit from gm and have it flashed at the dealer?
    where did you get the sensors from? and how much did that run ya?

Advanced Tuner
    his is an 09 but the 08 tune is also at theyowells.org I bought the sensors from a member of a forum because he got rid of his car, I also bought his hptuners and ended up selling to a guy I know for his built ass supercharged vette. yes my friend bought the stage kit from ced, installed the sensors and had gm flash the tune to his car, then I put a semi decent tune on it and he's had a bunch of bs probs since and has not had any fine tuning. he has ic piping, modded airbox with a kn filter, 3" catless turboback and the stage kit with the tune on top along with suspension mods and a short throw. before I tuned it, I beat him with my stock with tune hhr. he went 13.6@106 without nls, bad launch and a slipping clutch(from running the 27psi and some shift linkage problems) the car should be way faster but needs fine tuning and a better driver lmao.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ksoggs View Post
    Would this copy over everything, including the parts you "cant see"?
    Yes it would copy the whole thing, what i meant by hptuners not seeing the gmpp changes was that they're simply not defined and you cant edit them, but they're there in the file... waiting to be unlocked by Chris@hptuners

Wished we could get more things unlocked quick

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Advanced Tuner
    I just hope for the fuel tables for the most part. You know who has the fan unlocked along with a couple other things, but I'm not really interested in those things nearly as much as the fuel tables. Maybe after HPT gets another project done, they will finally unlock the fuel tables for us. I know the bigger turbo people or people wanting to go BT are waiting until HPT releases the fuel tables to buy HPT.

I know if I had planned on going BT any time soon, as much as I'd hate it, I'd have to switch. Don't get me wrong, I love my HPT and I advocate HPT over the others but I want the FP so we can hold a lil more top end power.

Yessir I do agree

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned