Thread: Flat on my face at 90mph..... LNF Pill

Flat on my face at 90mph..... LNF Pill

ok well i got my car to the track for the first time today....
    was sooo excited.... and yeah... i hit 90mph and the turbo just cuts out... like 0psi...
    it pegs 30psi and shoots me like a rocket till i hit 90mph... and then i basically just roll across the finish line from there....
    I was fairly certain i had disabled all the overboost things in HP tuners... but like 9 passes all did the exact same thing.... fight like hell for traction... get traction, get to 90 in a hurry...
    then ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... take a lil nap while we crawl to the end of the 1/4mile....

Only thing i can think of is some sort of overboost protection, and it just happens to kick in EVERY TIME at about the same point. It is always right at the top of 3rd gear... and by the time i shift into 4th it feels like someone turned the engine off... (engine still on and running, just 0psi. it goes NA for the last 3 seconds and feels like it can hardly hold the speed, let alone accelerate)

here is a graph from the faceplant on my last run of the day.... you can see how it just dies... the selection line is right at the last time it had boost... you can see that i never let off the gas or shifted or anything... just right at the top of 3rd it chokes... and finishes like a wet tissue.

here is another graph from the another pass... almost the exact same thing!!

Did you disable the 0106 and other overboost codes?

Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    Did you disable the 0106 and other overboost codes?
    fairly certain i disabled everything as described in your pill mod write up...
    I will double check in a minute....
    but one thing i do know... I get no CEL, and even HPT shows no engine codes... even after it cuts my boost.... So i was wondering if maybe i have the codes turned off... so it doesnt "throw a code" anymore, but the computer still knows what happens and acts accordingly... now it just doesnt bother informing me anymore.

Makes me think there is a code not disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    Makes me think there is a code not disabled.
    Good grief!!!! i somehow skipped over 238.... it was still set to "3-mil-on (x-cycles)"

Well i am hoping that was my problem.... dang it... 11 passes on a perfect day... all wasted! i hoped it was something stupid like that.

but shouldnt i have gotten a check engine light? or hpt registered something? eh well..... next weekend will be the judge.

well... i guess a 14.1 isnt too shabby for not getting any traction at all and hitting a brick wall at 90mph..... cant wait to see what she does when i can keep accelerating to the finish line....

oh.... at what point should i start to worry about exhaust temps? is 1800 worrysome? i have no cats... but still... ya know...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ksoggs View Post
    Good grief!!!! i somehow skipped over 238.... it was still set to "3-mil-on (x-cycles)"

Well i am hoping that was my problem.... dang it... 11 passes on a perfect day... all wasted! i hoped it was something stupid like that.

but shouldnt i have gotten a check engine light? or hpt registered something? eh well..... next weekend will be the judge.

well... i guess a 14.1 isnt too shabby for not getting any traction at all and hitting a brick wall at 90mph..... cant wait to see what she does when i can keep accelerating to the finish line....

oh.... at what point should i start to worry about exhaust temps? is 1800 worrysome? i have no cats... but still... ya know...
    I see 1800-1900 sometimes. Normally the code would show as immature or pending.

Tuner
    I think above 2000 I would start to take it easy. It's only because of our small as turbo tho, my egts go from 12-1300 before 5200rpms and as high as 1775 at 6500.
    09 Cobalt SS/TC

The EGT's are calculated so who knows.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Advanced Tuner
    Post some logs if you can, btw i never had to disable any check engine lights before.