Thread: HP Tuners Valet (Dealer) Mode

Tuner in Training

HP Tuners Valet (Dealer) Mode

Hi all, I have to take my modded 2008 Pontiac G8 GT with over 500rwhp into the dealer to have the defective control arms/ball joints replaced or whatever clunks in my front suspension.

I really hate leaving it with anyone because 1/2 the time it gets beat on.

I'm looking for something in HP tuners to easily adjust Max TPS or something without many changes that will allow me to put the car in a reduced power mode.

In HPT I found this seting under Engine->Airflow->Electronic Throttle / Max Rotation %

But it has a warning in the description that says if your "TAC" isn't compatible it may kill the PCM.
    Anyone know if this feature will work on this car without killing my PCM?
    Or another suggestion?

Thanks.

Norm

Advanced Tuner
    Ever thought about bringing it to another dealer?
    2018 Infiniti Q60s

2004 350z/LS2: ERL 434ci, 11.8:1,TFS245cc,262/266@113+3,Fast102,NX 102 plate,60#injectors/return w/twin 255s
    Old setup: CNC'd317s, Fast 102, 228/228@114, PT88,83#injectors/full return system. 10.84@138

Tuner in Training
    put do not test drive, on the work order. and make note of the mileage.

rip em a new one if they disobey.
    i had a dealer test drive my 400hp cobalt for 69 kms, by 3 different techs.
    when the blower was installed on the camaro, the service tech drove it, then the service manager, then the dealer owner.
    then they called me to ask if the parts manager could take it home for the weekend.
    what glue do ppl sniff?
    Last edited by Fire; 04-17-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    set the speed limiters to 10mph so they can only drive it in and out of the bay
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Any idea about the max throttle position % mentioned above? Maybe someone from HPT knows if it's safe on this car.

Limiting the max position of the TB would be so easy if I knew it was safe/worked.

This is the screen: It would be nice if I could just reduce the "Max Rotation" instead of messing with other things, But note the warning.

Senior Tuner
    You're making this too hard on yourself. Just set the speed limiter, as suggested, and be done with it. Or lower the rpm limiters down to like 3000.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Senior Tuner
    That warning is because you have your mouse cursor over "Max Rotation, Max Position". If you place it over the "Area Rate Limits, Operating Rate", you will see there is no warning for that. Besides, that last listed parameter only controls the increase rate, not how far it opens.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Advanced Tuner
    30 mph and 3000 rpms should do it, but if they are determined, im sure they could bust out a tech II and change it themselfs, then change it back and you'd never know.

Senior Tuner
    Carl, I don't believe the Tech2 gives them the ability to modify the speed limiter, and it doesn't allow them to copy what's on the pcm and then flash it back in later.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    You're making this too hard on yourself. Just set the speed limiter, as suggested, and be done with it. Or lower the rpm limiters down to like 3000.
    Simple and easy, been doing that for a long time, specially when i know i wont be able to pick up the car myself. Friends promise to drive it slow and easy, but when it happens to be 600 rwhp 6speed, they break their promise just as fast.

Tuner in Training
    Thought about doing this yesterday when I dropped my z06 off for tint but just told them not to drive it. Picked up up and the car didn't even have .1 more miles. They said they just moved it in and out of the bay.

Quote Originally Posted by norm8332 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Any idea about the max throttle position % mentioned above? Maybe someone from HPT knows if it's safe on this car.

Limiting the max position of the TB would be so easy if I knew it was safe/worked.

This is the screen: It would be nice if I could just reduce the "Max Rotation" instead of messing with other things, But note the warning.

Has anyone ever tried to modify the "max rotation", does it work ? and did your PCM get fried ?

Senior Tuner
    Yes, you will fry your pcm.
    Formerly known as RWTD

I've just set a limiter at 2500rpm and leave a post-it note on the dash showing the mileage from the trip meter in the past. I've never had a problem.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!