Thread: MAF Help

Tuner in Training

MAF Help

Ok im tuning a 2001 gmc 1500 and this is the first gm i have tuned aswell as the first time using hp tuners. The truck has 25 % short term fuel trims at idle . Where will i adjust this . I looked at the maf table and it doesnt start till 1500 rpm. THanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fordguy View Post
    Ok im tuning a 2001 gmc 1500 and this is the first gm i have tuned aswell as the first time using hp tuners. The truck has 25 % short term fuel trims at idle . Where will i adjust this . I looked at the maf table and it doesnt start till 1500 rpm. THanks!
    That is 1500 HZ. The MAF provides a frequency based on the mass of air moving through it.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Yeah, if you watch it in the scanner you'll see that it's in a cell a little ways above the 1500 Hz cell when at idle. Don't forget you have to insert the Maf Hz (SAE) into the table view in the scanner before you can log that table.
    2006 Tahoe
    Iron ls2, built up 4l60e w/vig 3000 stall, 232/234 114, 4.30s, LTs, ORY NNBS intake and LS2 TB etc.

Fighting solves everything...
    ...except partial differential equations.

Click here to combine multiple VE Logs into one.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks guys figured that out now. I have noticed that i have adjusted the maf to get my stft's right but now something is adjusting them back where they were. I know on the fords with the tuning system i use for them i have to shut adaptive learning off before i adjust is there something similar that has to be done on these gm's?

Tuner in Training
    Also this truck has a 6liter and we just put a whipple on it . Is there a procedure to set up the idle? It starts but then the idle will hunt for a minute and then sometimes you will have to step on the pedal a bit to get it to start. Does it need the throttle body flap opened a bit more?
    THanks again!