Thread: LSJ tuning...

LSJ tuning...

just wondering what u guys are setting your WOT timing at? im tuning my buddies 06, he has the Harrop TVS kit with a 3.1" pulley running 15-16psi with full catless exhaust, 80lb injectors. i was kinda thinking 18 max on 93 octane. thanks.

edit:we are using the computer that came with the kit so a lot of the parameters are already changed, im just dialing in the MAF curve and timing.

17-18 would be a good place to start. I tuned one with a 2.9 and his peak was 16.5 on pump gas.

Advanced Tuner
    I thought the tvs with the 3.1 pushed like 20psi, must have a well ported head and such.

I thought the tvs with the 3.1 pushed like 20psi, must have a well ported head and such
    i was talking timing not boost, its a stock motor. the absolute map pid reads 30-31 so subtract 14.7 and thats 15-16. he has the 2.9 pulley on the way.

Advanced Tuner
    I knew you were talking about timing. I don't have any lsj experiance. my buddy has the tvs on his lsj with the 3.1 pulley and he pushes 20psi. just making statements sorry I'm of no help.

I am runing my TVS at 18 right now. Thats without exhaust mods. and now that I have meth going in and dual pass and 3in exhaust I will slowly bump timing up to like 25.

Give it what it can take till knock and then back off a couple. Make sure he uses the same gas as your tuning him on.
    E-85 279.5whp/258tq