Thread: Tuning Noob here!!

Potential Tuner

Tuning Noob here!!

Hi everybody!!

I going to be buying the HP VCM Suite this weekend, because I'm at a point to where I have to

I have a 2000 Olds Alero GLS with the LA1 3400 motor and a 4t45 tranny (I think a FDR of 3.05)

Anyway, I'm putting in new heads since I have to replace the head gaskets and the new heads do not have the California emissions on them. So I need to delete the AIR system from the PCM. Also the downstream O2 has been bypassed for years now, it's time for that to go.

After the heads are in this is what I'll have:

P&P manifolds
    CAI (althought I run a WAI for everyday use)
    S&S headers
    Dual Flowmaster Super 44's
    *28 lbs injectors
    *LS6 springs
    *3 angle valve job
    *3500 valves (stock size)
    *heads milled .020 (CR will be appox 9.7:1)

I currently have the DHP PCM in my car. I like the shift points and the other things it does. I want to try to keep those things the same, or make them better. I drag race the car, not too often anymore, but still love to do it. My best time, minus the * items, has been 14.53 @ 92.94

I do not have a WB A/F gauge. I ordered it back in March from Summit and the ship date keeps getting moved back

Any ideas on where to start?

Read a lot...go over the stickies in each of the forums...they may not be directly applicable to your particular engine/pcm, but the concepts are pretty universal. Find a VE and MAF tuning guide and start there.

Good luck.
    Kenne Bell Supercharged 2003 Corvette Z06