Thread: Dynamic Airflow disabled on Cobalt?

Dynamic Airflow disabled on Cobalt?

Does anyone leave this setting, found under engine -> airflow ->dynamic airflow ->high RPM disable, disabled throughout the entire RPM range?

I noticed during some logs tonight (I'm tuning my MAF) that the car runs a LOT smoother with this disabled, especially in the low RPM (below 3k) range. I'm just not sure if it's safe or ideal to leave disabled, though.

Thoughts? I'd appreciate it.

The rpm's that it is enabled in looks in the primary ve table for fuel/air settings. Then after the disable rpm the maf table takes over. If you are only tuning your maf you need to disable it or tune the ve in the area that it is enabled. Maf tuning is easier. Yes people run 100% maf, I am one of them. Some people like to use the ve table for lower rpm stages to help their idle and cruising speeds.
    E-85 279.5whp/258tq

I run MAF only as well.

Sounds legit. Thanks!

Every car i tune, i tune the VE tables down low, under 4krpm. They always idle better, and are more responsive at cruising.

See I tuned my ve tables in under 4000 and I hated how the response was. I turned back on the maf. Maybe Im crazy.
    E-85 279.5whp/258tq