Thread: Any tuning suggestions?

Potential Tuner

Any tuning suggestions?

Hey i am new to tuning and have messed around with it a little bit. My mods are SSM stage 3 heads, intense n/a cam, oe-r lifters, lightwieight pushrods, roller timing chain. i own a a4 99 firebird and i have a log for anyone to look at for any tuning suggestions? help would be appreciated oh yah and i have made small adjustments to octane tables. i will post log as soon as i figure out how to host
    SSM stage 3 heads, intense stage 2 cam, comp oe-r lifters, lightweight pushrods, Rollermaster roller timing chain, etc.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Re: Any tuning suggestions?

stock exhaust system? stock thermo? stock gears? i always start with the small stuff ie fan settings, gear, rev/speed limiters/etc limiters/codes then move into fueling...whether running a cat or not I usually just delete COT & tune fueling via the PE tables alone...seems to be easier and more consistant...once fueling is done work on your spark to see what makes most power.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner

HA i got it, i got my log hosted. Please anyone look at this log and see where you think i need improvment! http://www.v6bird.com/newestt.hpl right click save as..
    SSM stage 3 heads, intense stage 2 cam, comp oe-r lifters, lightweight pushrods, Rollermaster roller timing chain, etc.

Potential Tuner

I think i am going to have to post this in a deer hunting forum at least ill get more responses >

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

if i could view the file at work I'd help you out...can you convert it to an excel file so I can take a look at it while im here?

Potential Tuner

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by dukeduster

you have alot of KR down at lower speeds for whatever reason...tm maybe? Shift points are super low...you'd probably want to raise them to somewhere over 6400 depending on where your valvetrain is good to and where you make peak hp at. Timing trickers arent very useful if you have hptuners...I would plug in your iat & use the tables to adjust how much timing you'd like to have pulled if any. Also like i mentioned in an above post theres really no need to log dyn. cylinder air. Anything else?