Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Tuning for e85???

Advanced Tuner
    E85 is really easy to tune! wow I just got some and tuned it and my maf was only off by 2 percent! I hit 24 degrees of timing and no kr. I am liking!

All I did was change the stoich, change the pe, and the timing. More to come once I get more log time in.

Quote Originally Posted by HNRClothing View Post
    E85 is really easy to tune! wow I just got some and tuned it and my maf was only off by 2 percent! I hit 24 degrees of timing and no kr. I am liking!

All I did was change the stoich, change the pe, and the timing. More to come once I get more log time in.
    Nice! Im glad this thread came about. Wish my community would have known this last year. I had to look like a total idiot to find this out. Oh well we all have to learn some how. My tune is working well too.
    E-85 279.5whp/258tq

im thinking i need to get the 80s tuned better before the E85 goes in, so there is less correction necessary

384whp/303wtq
    Built 2.0LSJ: TVS w/2.6, 1000cc, Stage 2 cams, custom fuel system, E85, Dual Pass, 3"intake, 3" Catless exhaust, CIA midlength Header

I am going to guess 80s will run a little better with e85 at idle and slow speeds because there is more fuel going through it. My 80s and e85 run better than my 60s with gas did.
    E-85 279.5whp/258tq

Quote Originally Posted by Japeatr View Post
    im thinking i need to get the 80s tuned better before the E85 goes in, so there is less correction necessary
    That doesnt make any sense at all. If your switching to e85, stop working on your gas tune. E85 runs like a dream on 80s

Quote Originally Posted by HNRClothing View Post

i was referring to his MAF only being 2% off. My i can assure you is further off than that

384whp/303wtq
    Built 2.0LSJ: TVS w/2.6, 1000cc, Stage 2 cams, custom fuel system, E85, Dual Pass, 3"intake, 3" Catless exhaust, CIA midlength Header

Advanced Tuner
    I tuned my MAF on gas for a while untill I got that close, basically did it because I was lazy and didnt feel like driving to go get the E. Then I found out that there was one closer to me and just made the switch. I had to make some more adjustments to the MAF to get it within a few percent, but nothing major.

I'm thinking about picking up a set of 80's and running E85 myself. There's a station 2 miles up the road from me that carries it, and a bunch of new stations are beginning to carry it as well.

It's nice having HPT so that I can switch back and forth.

Question that not a lot of people seem to ask: Can you fill these cars up with E85 without any other mods (aside from injectors and changing the tune)? No issues with corroded fuel lines or anything like that?

Yes you dont need to change any fuel lines or anything. On the stock pulley it would be a waste of time and fuel economy.
    E-85 279.5whp/258tq