Thread: software?

Potential Tuner

software?

So I'm completely new to this. I've been a mechanic for 7 years now but have never tuned a computer. I'm going to dive in head first on my 04 silverado with a cam and head swap. I plan on using a wideband O2. Not sure if i need the VCM pro or if the standard version will work. I don't need the data logging box or scanner. Just not sure if i can log the wideband with the standard version. Any input will be appreciated. Thank you

Save yourself a lot of effort and get the Pro version to easily allow the use of a wide-band. The time saved by not having to hack around with the egr or a/c ports to integrate the wide-band into the standard version is worth the money alone. You also have the flexibility to use the HPT + w/b on any vehicle without having to rewire each vehicle.
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Advanced Tuner
    basically what he said ^ but to expand a bit you can use a wideband with a standard interface but you would need to wire the signal through the egr or air conditioning.

then what you have is less data than you would have with the pro , I probably will explain it wrong but my understanding is the data you would see in your scans with the pro will be condensed from a larger sample of frames so you get more resolution or something along those lines , a search would probably find you the exact wording.
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Potential Tuner
    Thanks guys. Looks like ill be spending the extra $150. I've tried the searches but since I'm so new to this it didn't make a lot of sense to me. I'm sure ill learn. BTW what's a good wideband to go with?