Thread: VM Suite (Not Responding) In Windows 7

VM Suite (Not Responding) In Windows 7

OK, I had it on Vista x64 working fine.

I'm gonna vent a tad here and if you can make me eat my words please do.

I get a new Laptop with windows 7 x64 and it would not install. I am disappointed there is no help on the site for this. I have to cruise the forum and hunt and peck and read up for a Non-net framework tagged version because I already had it and it wanted it.
    The same for the A&B USB drivers. Why are these not linked and readily available to us?
    All this should be in my face in the customer care center or in a support tab or something. Something like "Windows 7 Install Help".

So, now I get the USB and the version with the Net Framework issue removed and hook up to a 2004 Silverado and do a read entire and get to the save part and that's as far as she goes. If I type in a name or click on anything the program freezes.

I'm upset. The client has lost confidence, I got no pay for my time, he will not be back.

So if I'm stupid or dyslexic and missed something fire away. I just want to be able to do a tune in Windows 7 x64. I tried running as admin and restarting and this and that.
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler
    2005 Radix'd Silverado L33 5.3 ECSB Z71 @ 387-HP 395-TQ

Potential Tuner
    F8 on the start and disable driver signature

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2therock View Post
    OK, I had it on Vista x64 working fine.

I'm gonna vent a tad here and if you can make me eat my words please do.

I get a new Laptop with windows 7 x64 and it would not install. I am disappointed there is no help on the site for this. I have to cruise the forum and hunt and peck and read up for a Non-net framework tagged version because I already had it and it wanted it.
    The same for the A&B USB drivers. Why are these not linked and readily available to us?
    All this should be in my face in the customer care center or in a support tab or something. Something like "Windows 7 Install Help".

So, now I get the USB and the version with the Net Framework issue removed and hook up to a 2004 Silverado and do a read entire and get to the save part and that's as far as she goes. If I type in a name or click on anything the program freezes.

I'm upset. The client has lost confidence, I got no pay for my time, he will not be back.

So if I'm stupid or dyslexic and missed something fire away. I just want to be able to do a tune in Windows 7 x64. I tried running as admin and restarting and this and that.
    The newest signed mpvi drivers are found in the help file under "installing the software" and work with both 32 & 64 bit operating systems http://www.hptuners.com/help/index.h...stallation.htm

Regarding the recent windows update with the net framework issues its simply a time thing, it happened so recently and we found a fix so recently we haven't had the time to update the link as of yet, however we put the software download fix on our server and its been posted over a dozen times here, make it a bakers dozen http://files.hptuners.com/VCMSuite-2_22_NoLC.msi and is also available through support ie anyone that has emailed support regarding the issue got a direct link from me.

No idea about the program freezing up, it sounds like you have something conflicting with our software as 2.22 is known stable and I and hundreds of other customer have been running 2.22 & 2.23 on window 7 64 bit operating systems without issue for months.

If you can find what program or setting on your computer is causing the issue please post it but if we cannot create the issue on our end its impossible to fix it.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thanks for getting back. I have already did the both of the items you linked me to before I attempted to run it as explained in my OP.

This PC has just had a clean install. But if you have a list of known conflicting programs toss it too me please and I'll disable them if I have them but I am running a very lean machine right now.

The first sign of a problem when opening the a tune I know was licensed is it tells me it is not licensed. Maybe this is a clue for you?

Thanks
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler

Update,

I guess it's a simple as doing a Get License Info. Sheesh! I am in the process of offering to come to the clients location at a discount to make up for it.
    The. Thanks for your patience. I'll get back to admit to my blundering oversight.

I'm back. If I open a stored tune file and try and open a table I get the below error.

Now what?

Tuner
    I am having the same problem here and windows 7 isn't giving me the option to manually choose the driver location (to install the A&B drivers). I have tried everything in the install help like three times. Anything else i can do?

I dunno where your trying to install them but mine went in OK. They go into the Universal Serial Bus Controller section at the end of the line in device manager.
    If you have two yellow splats in the list above that delete them and try and install them again.

Tuner
    I dunno where your trying to install them but mine went in OK. They go into the Universal Serial Bus Controller section at the end of the line in device manager.
    If you have two yellow splats in the list above that delete them and try and install them again.
    I am trying to but windows will not let me manually select the drivers that i unzipped from the link above.

I am swapping from a serial cable that never gave me any problems and i changed pc's 4 times with that one. This mpvi unit i went out and bought a netbook since it wouldn't load on my laptop and now it still won't load. I am about to sell it and go back to my serial cable.

Tuner in Training
    I'm back. If I open a stored tune file and try and open a table I get the below error.

Now what?

Been getting this error too. Most files like that are in the system32 folder so I put in there and the framework folder etc and still no worky. So now I uninstalled the beta which use to work fine and try to reinstall and get the stupid error that I dont have 2.0 framework even though I do

Update* edited the msi file for the beta and was able to get it to install again, but everytime I go to open a file the pc just hangs(freezes). However if I open Hp tuners by selecting the .hpt file it actually opens and lets me edit it. After that if I want to compare a file it will freeze when i try to open the compare.
    Last edited by WhiteHotG8; 08-02-2010 at 06:10 AM. Reason: update
    2009 White Pontiac G8 GT
    Stock for now

1997 Pontiac Formula M6 *SOLD*
    Stroked Sprayed 6 Speed

2006 Yamaha R1 Raven*SOLD*
    520 Chain +2 in the Rear.

Tuner

Now what?

try right clicking on the program icon and choose "properties". Then click on the compatibility tab. Then under compatibility mode choose "Windows XP service pack 3" and make sure to check the box to run the program in this compatibility mode.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHotG8 View Post
    Been getting this error too. Most files like that are in the system32 folder so I put in there and the framework folder etc and still no worky. So now I uninstalled the beta which use to work fine and try to reinstall and get the stupid error that I dont have 2.0 framework even though I do

Update* edited the msi file for the beta and was able to get it to install again, but everytime I go to open a file the pc just hangs(freezes). However if I open Hp tuners by selecting the .hpt file it actually opens and lets me edit it. After that if I want to compare a file it will freeze when i try to open the compare.
    No idea, I've never had this issue, try deleting your vcm editor.cfg file and setting the editor to xp compatibility mode in windows, thats the only thing that I can think of as I've been running our editor on windows 7 without a single hitch for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    No idea, I've never had this issue, try deleting your vcm editor.cfg file and setting the editor to xp compatibility mode in windows, thats the only thing that I can think of as I've been running our editor on windows 7 without a single hitch for months.
    I get the exact same error message if I open a tune file that was done in my old 32bit Vista with my & 64 bit.

Tuner in Training
    Nice it's working now. Thanks guys. This all started because I had to uninstall beta and go to 2.22 to do a cylinder balance test. Then when I went back to beta I guess I never put it in to compatibility mode again.
    2009 White Pontiac G8 GT
    Stock for now

Stroked Sprayed 6 Speed

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I don't run our software in compatibility mode

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I didnt the first time I ran the program everything just worked, but I couldnt open tunes or compare until I switched to xp mode this time around.
    2009 White Pontiac G8 GT
    Stock for now

Stroked Sprayed 6 Speed