Thread: Transmission tuning

Potential Tuner

Transmission tuning

Hi everybody

I'm still new to tuning, so bear with me.

2000 Olds Alero, 3400 SFI, 4T45 Tranny

I started tuning a little bit today. Did the easy stuff like changing the fan on offf temps, and bringing the injectors from 21.31 to 27.31 after installing 28lbs trailblazer injectors.

Anyway I have a PCM in the car that was tuned before, I only used it once or twice. Anyway at WOT the shift point is at 6500 RPM's. WAY TO HIGH for my taste. I want to bring it down to around 6000 6100 at the most. The point in RPM at WOT was 5925. I lowered that to 5600 and it still doesn't shift until 6500. I incresed the line pressure 10% and it still shifting at the 6500 mark

Motor has 123,2xx miles on it and I don't want to push too much past 6 grand.

Also I couldn't find the IFR table. I was going to change everything 78.6% (22 / 28 = .7857)

Any ideas?

Advanced Tuner
    there is more to the injector swap than linear math , search some injector swap threads to research that

I dont know your platform but generally on an auto trans 2 conditions need to be met to shift at wot , one is the wot shift rpm that you set for when you want to initiate the shift - the shift will take some time so the rpm will end up higher than where you set it but not as high as you are seeing.

the other condition is wot shift speeds I bet they were jacked up high from the previous tune , try dropping them a couple mph and see if your shift rpm's head the right direction in your scans.

I believe I read recently that you can 0 the speeds out and it will shift only on rpm but I havent tried it so cant say for sure
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Potential Tuner
    Just worked on it.

Went to 0 for the speed but it still shifted at the same point. Adjusted the speed and I got it working.

Was set at 47, now it's at 39 and the RPM's are set at 5700 and it shifts at 6200. I still want to tweek that, but it works nicely