Thread: Problems trying to run a 2.4 M45 Alero

Problems trying to run a 2.4 M45 Alero

ok been working on a car the past few days thats doing some really weird stuff, car barely started and when it does its so rich it barely cranks. Discovered the car was using low impedence injectors (its a 2000 olds alero). Car has the GM supercharger reflash, switched the injectors to some other ones I had around 310cc to just try to get the car running. Car still does the same crap starting up. Map readings are way screwed up reading about 70kpa at idle, just driving through a parking lot the map reading will go way into 150ish range, car goes into boost with minimal throttle. Tried 3 different map sensors all did the same thing.

Because the map reading is so high and shouldnt be its dumping way more fuel than it needs to, I cannot seem to tune around this either, played with the injector constant, its like nothing I do has any effect. What the hell is going on here? I can provide logs if needed from HPT
    Had to buy a Ford because GM stopped making anything with less than 8 cylinders worth buying

Advanced Tuner
    You will probally need to put up logs. I can't help but someone who can will probally need it.

From what you're describing, it almost sounds like the MAP sensors you are using are 1 bar MAP's still. LD9 reflash is a 2 bar OS.....needs a 2 bar MAP IIRC

Without seeing some logs, thats the first thing that came to mind.....if you have some logs, post 'em up.
    Last edited by Shane Hewitt; 08-16-2010 at 07:36 AM.

I tried a 2 bar map off of my car and it did the exact same thing
    Had to buy a Ford because GM stopped making anything with less than 8 cylinders worth buying

Quote Originally Posted by Rodimus_Prime View Post
    I tried a 2 bar map off of my car and it did the exact same thing
    Matt, I am confident you have a wiring issue.... I ran into this with a customer in Chicago..... He ended up replacing the engine harness as it was hacked up so bad....

P&P Tuning