Thread: Noob timing question..

Tuner in Training

Noob timing question..

When adjusting timing in the main spark table, where is wot? Sounds silly but I don't really want to mess with below WOT timing, but would like to bump WOT a couple degrees from stock and then check for KR obviously..

sorry

I do have some of the beginner tuning guides btw, but they dont reference this to my knowledge, they just bump the whole table...

WOT can be anywhere in the table, it all depends on the car, engine, RPM, weather and modifications. Best way to figure out where the WOT area of your car is, is to log the car while running WOT.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rnjmur View Post
    WOT can be anywhere in the table, it all depends on the car, engine, RPM, weather and modifications. Best way to figure out where the WOT area of your car is, is to log the car while running WOT.
    that makes sense, but from my logs it seems pretty sporadic, would you change the whole row or just the cells that show up?

Post the tune and log of a WOT run and we can give you better advice.
    Free HP Tuners Beginners Tuning Guide

LS1 Tuning Guide
    Michigan Snowmobiler

1969 Firebird: 11.67@114 [email protected] 1/8 1.70 60 ft. EPS cam 234/246 .602.606 114+3, 6.0 LQ4, L92 heads milled 10.5:1, Ported L76 intake, ported 90mm Holley TB, 100mm MAF, FIC Custom injectors, Hooker LT, PYPES dual exhaust with an X pipe, 4L65e with all of the good parts inside, FTI 4000 RPM Stall, 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. HP Tuner tuned by me

Typically what I do is adjust the cells that show up from the log under WOT then adjust the cells adjacent as well. Once I get those where I want them then I move on the adjusting the rest of the table as well.

Senior Tuner
    69 has the right answer there bud, post up the log and tune and these guys will find it, or at least show YOU how to find it.... which is much better...
    Just make sure you are logging Commanded AFR, Actual AFR, Timing, Injector Pulse Width, Maf Hz(if you are using one) and Map, that will give them a good place to start anyway